Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TNT HD picture pixelization BAD Quality

New Poster

TNT HD picture pixelization BAD Quality

Bad pixelization while trying to watch TNT HD. I can't get good picture from TNT HD, nor will it record correct on DVR. I thought my DVR bow was bad, so I just exchanged it for a newer model. Same thing. TNT is fine on standard channel, but unwatchable in HD. This is channel 204 HD for Ann Arbor Comcast/xFinity customers. Can anyone help? ANyone else having this problem?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: TNT HD picture pixelization BAD Quality

Pixelation usually results when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise, most likely due to a poor connection between the cable box and Comcast's network.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors and looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector can cause signal problems as well.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and have them send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.comcast.com/spp/, about $4/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

New Poster

But it's only the TNT HD channel. All other channels are perfect. Even when I pull up On-Demand shows from TNT HD, there's pixelization. Not present on any other station. And the pixelization distortion is ther when I DVR the TNT HD station also. That's why I thought it was the box. It doesn't happen on any other station.

New Poster

In fact, this happened once before, a couple of years back. It only lasted a few days, maybe a week. Then It all cleared up. Same Channel 204 TNT HD (Ann Arbor). But  now, this has been going on for about a month.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation