Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

System says Upgrade Silverlight, but already upgraded on Mac.

New Poster

System says Upgrade Silverlight, but already upgraded on Mac.

I'm watching TV on the Queue on my Mac.  I've had some previous problems and have found if I clear my cache and/or restart my browser, I'm able to watch the shows.

Two days ago some wierd problems occured.  Many shows had a key appear next to them one day and not the next.  All shows had an 8006 then an 8007 error.  Previously, I could take care of this by clearing my cache and/or restarting my browser.  It didn't work that one day.  The next day, all but a few shows will display.

But, some shows still will not display and say I need to upgrade my Silverlight.  I've done this multiple times and have deleted it completely and replaced it.  The strange thing is that some shows will display and others will not.  If the problem were on my system, why would some shows work and not others.  Even more curious is that some episodes of some shows give the "You must upgrade" error and others don't.

I'm on Mac OS 10.7.5.    Today, all the keys are gone.  I've used ccleaner to clear all caches.  

Still, The Daily Show (shows, but not clips), the Mentalist, Ripper Street (ep 2, not 1), Cougar Town, Colbert Report say I must upgrade Silverlight.  I’ve done this multiple times, including deleting from library.  I could watch them three days ago!  This makes no sense.  If the problem were in my system, I’d think it would be for all shows/clips.

Why would this suddenly occur, and then only for some shows, and even for only some episodes?  And why did it all go kablooey (technical term) two days ago and then get mostly better one day ago?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: System says Upgrade Silverlight, but already upgraded on Mac.

Waimport wrote:

I'm watching TV on the Queue on my Mac.  I've had some previous problems and have found if I clear my cache and/or restart my browser, I'm able to watch the shows.

Two days ago some wierd problems occured.  Many shows had a key appear next to them one day and not the next.  All shows had an 8006 then an 8007 error.  Previously, I could take care of this by clearing my cache and/or restarting my browser.  It didn't work that one day.  The next day, all but a few shows will display.

But, some shows still will not display and say I need to upgrade my Silverlight.  I've done this multiple times and have deleted it completely and replaced it.  The strange thing is that some shows will display and others will not.  If the problem were on my system, why would some shows work and not others.  Even more curious is that some episodes of some shows give the "You must upgrade" error and others don't.

I'm on Mac OS 10.7.5.    Today, all the keys are gone.  I've used ccleaner to clear all caches.  

Still, The Daily Show (shows, but not clips), the Mentalist, Ripper Street (ep 2, not 1), Cougar Town, Colbert Report say I must upgrade Silverlight.  I’ve done this multiple times, including deleting from library.  I could watch them three days ago!  This makes no sense.  If the problem were in my system, I’d think it would be for all shows/clips.

Why would this suddenly occur, and then only for some shows, and even for only some episodes?  And why did it all go kablooey (technical term) two days ago and then get mostly better one day ago?

We were having some video issues on our end on 1/28 where users were seeing Error 8006/8007 when trying to play a Silverlight video. We have resolved this issue. Are you still having issues with these videos?

If so, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation