Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Syfy channel "not in subscriptions"

Regular Visitor

Syfy channel "not in subscriptions"

Ok, For the past few days i've had this issue where i'll go to watch paranormal witness on demand on my computer. It's from the Syfy channel, and i'll get through maybe 1 or 2 episodes if that (sometimes it interupts an episode) when this message appears stating that i don't have the syfy channel in my subscriptions. Well i was just watching the episodes of that show and i changed the channel on my tv to syfy and it comes on with whatever show or movie is on just fine, so i know i do have that channel in my subscriptions. I've tried closing out my browser, deleting it's history, logging out of xfinity and back in, restarting my computer, and none of it helps. the message just keeps popping up after i been watching at least half an episode. I thought maybe i get logged out after so long of not clicking anything so i clicked the keep me logged in button and even that didn't help. I really want to watch this show, can someone please help me? i took a screenshot of the message if that helps.   And i just figured out that it does this on the TNT channel and Cartoon Network too 

Service Expert

Re: Syfy channel "not in subscriptions"

Are you signed in to your primary comcast.net account?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the exact issue, with other channels - ABC and now USA. I'll be able to watch an episode sometimes, and then other times I receive the same message, "USA is not part of your subscriptions. In order to watch xxxx you need a subscription to USA". USA and ABC are in my channel lineup, I am signed into the primary account, and I've started (and finished) episodes from the same network/s previously (yesterday and earlier today).

New Poster

I'm having the same trouble with STARZ.  I'm signed in with the primary account -- have also tried with another -- and although I haven't done this on my desktop PC before, I've successfully watched many STARZ shows with the laptop I no longer have.

Will anyone from Comcast ever actually look at and comment on these issues?

Problem Solver

You are not alone..  Something is seriously skewered  messed up with the WATCH ON LINE portion of the    .net site.   

All the channels that I watch on TV, and all the channels that I've watched ON Line, here on my pc, are showing that ORANGE subscription key.  

If I switch to the NEW WAY TO WATCH site  .com, there's no issue.

I CHOOSE to stay with the .net site, it's easier to read, and navigate.  I am an adult.  I hate the new format.  

The old mantra still holds---   If it ain't broke, don't fix it.     And I will add--   If it is broke, FIX IT and don't add "features".

ciao, bj

Regular Visitor

i'm so glad i'm not the only one having this issue i thought i was being stupid. and yes i am logged into the primary login it's the only one on this account 

Problem Solver

I don't think the site knows what it wants to do..  Smiley Happy     Late yesterday afternoon, the orange keys were gone..  Early this morning, they were back .   Now, they're gone...

Wish someone had an answer..  

ciao, bj