Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Surface

New Poster

Surface

Any plans to develop the xfinity apps for Microsoft Surface? If not,please do.  I am using my iPad less frequently and my Surface more.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Surface

rostla wrote:

Any plans to develop the xfinity apps for Microsoft Surface? If not,please do.  I am using my iPad less frequently and my Surface more.

We are evaluating our options for our mobile apps on all platforms. This is a constant research effort based on market conditions, customer responses, and technology changes.

Microsoft Surface is being taken under consideration but there is no other information at this time. When I learn more, I will update this thread.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

An xfinity app would be really nice. I have stopped using my ipad all together.

Regular Visitor

Would love to have the Xfinity App(s) for Microsoft Surface / Windows RT ...

New Poster

Add another to the list requesting an app for Surface.

New Poster

Comcast apps are, unfortunately, horrendous in their functionality.  They really need to examne what Directv is doing and copy it.  This is not rocket science.  Just make a simple remote emulator like Directv does for iphone/ipad/droid/surface.  I can't use any of my dvr functions from these devices with Comcast and I'm using my surface more than ever.  Not even a Comcast app for it!

New Poster

Add me to the list wishing for a Windows 8 app.  Guys remember, Win8 is on everything from tablets to desktops.

With millions of users using Win8 this is not a tough decision Comcast.

Now improve your website so I can actually find what I'm looking for - like when will have this option of remote apps in my market in SW Florida?

Problem Solver

Well, at least Windows Phone got an Xfinity TV app recently, so perhaps something for Windows 8 isn't far away.  That said, since Windows 8 basically has full browser support, a lot of the things can be donw in the browser (as if you are just doing it on a full computer without any specific Xfinity apps).

New Poster

Yes, I am using my MS surface nearly every day and still have to go to my phone to view my comcast email.  It's the one thing my Surface can't connect me to, wish Comcast would make an Xfinity app just like my phone has.

New Poster

Comcast email on the surface is extremely annoying.  Please , please an email app for the surface. 

New Poster

I am having to use my Yahoo email address to have access on my Surface2.  If there isn't an app to get my Comcast email soon, I'll probably switch over to Yahoo completely just to make things easier.

New Poster

A new update to my surface to 8.1 included outlook and Comcast works through outlook.
New Poster

I just got my surface. Exactly how did you get the app to work. My comcast account is riding on me being able to access my services as stated in their commercials. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, any news on when we can expect a app for Surface 2, there is one on WP8.1 already surley it can't be hard to port it over to RT??

Frequent Visitor

I just got mine working on POP 3 also took about 20 minutes to work it out.

Just go to Outlook, add account, and setup manually this enables POP3 option :-)

Incomming mail; mail.comcast.net

Out goinging mail; smtp.comcast.net

select more setting and set up mail port 995 which was default setting,

then change out out going mail to port 587

I also used the this 2010 link to verify setting.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/E-Mail-Client-Settings-customer-generat...

New Poster

Please add an app for the surface !

Frequent Visitor

This is ridiculous to not have a Windows 8 app for Xfinity yet ... there are now over 200 MILLION copies of Windows 8 sold (see http://www.techspot.com/news/55675-microsoft-sells-200-million-copies-of-windows-8.html) ... Why is there no app yet ?

New Poster

For what we pay, there would be an app for a big company product like Surface
Frequent Visitor

Add me to the list of customers wanting xfinity apps. It was bad enough having to fightthrow the setup for email accounts. Now to not have compatible apps for comcast (xfinity) seems like less than top flight service from Comcast..    Nothing changeds- i have many horror stories.

New Poster

Any update on this?

New Poster

Add me to those looking for a Windows 8.1 app, or make the Comcast email web site work well with both flavors of Internet Explorer.

New Poster

Any updates on the app for the surface?

Frequent Visitor

I am waiting for the Xfinity Go application for the Surface.  This is the only reason I am still using my Samsung Tablet.  Also as I mentioned, there is a counterfeit application in the Windows store.  This application is surely violating trademark laws by illegially using the Xfinity trademark and claiming to connect to Xfinity TV services.  The first time the app was in the store it stole $ 9.99 from me.  That app was removed, now I see a new application for $ 4.99.  You must put out a real application for the Surface and prosecute the people using your trademark illegially.  I really do want my $ 9.99 back as well.

MHR

Regular Visitor

comcast advertise thst you watch tv across any mobile device did you forget about The Surface it is a mobile device

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Joe,

Well it has been over a year since you said. "We are evaluating our options for our mobile apps on all platforms.".. How much longer do you think it will take before you actually have an answer and then do something????

Contributor

Wow, this is really taking forever for someone to respond on the status of this app. i wonder who the responder's boss is. they probably are not aware there isn't a Windows App much less people demanding it.

By the way, NO, using the regular browser on a windows tablet is not the same as having a dedicated app like the iOS user's have and not as good.

New Poster

Need to develop an app for Surface!!!

New Poster

It isn't just the surface. It is all windows devices. ideally it would be nice if the web app could download so any device would truely be supported.

New Poster

I agree with everyone here!  Comast told me when I got this DVR I could watch it on any mobile device, but not my surface 2 apparently.  Very frustrating!

Frequent Visitor

It is very annoying that there has been no official response from Comcast on this thread which has been active for some time nowr.   This is NOT what I would consider excellent customer service. Yet they have no trouble writing me to charge me another 1.99 a month for an adaptor that I was told would be free.  I find it annoying that they continue to try to change the cost of this service which then you can call and talk to customer service for 1 hour and get reversed.

Frequent Visitor

i BELIEVE IT IS VERY RUDE OF COMCAST NOT TO INFORM US OF THE PROGRESS OR EVEN LACK OF PROGRESS IN SUPPORTING WINDOWS 8.

Some response would be nice.  I am getting very annoyed both at Comcast's lack of responsiveness and the fact that there is no Win 8 application for Xfinity Go.

Comcast Joe or whomever is respresenting Comcast, please respond, even to tell us that they are not developing tis aplication.  This is just the polite thing to do.

MHR

New Poster

I am new to Comcast in the past month. Really love the xfinity streaming feature. However the lask of a windows 8.1 app and poor functionality of AirPlay from iPads are truly disappointing. It is like having a great engine in your car but no tires to drive the car. Can someone please add some tires to xfinity streaming? PLEASE?

New Poster

Xfinity TV app with offline payback is needed for Surface Pro tablet, i.e. Windows 8 app store. If Dish or other provider comes out with it I'll swtch back... that's why I will not sign contract with Comcast.

New Poster

i would like to download my shows to go but can only do this with the app. come on already comcast.  why is this taking so long?

New Poster

I also have a surface and would like to be able to use to take to go feature for my cloud based x1 DVR but I am unable to download the Xfinity TV app. I'm wondering if there is any time frame on how long it's going to take for me to be able to do this? thank you

New Poster

Same here - Id like to stream my recordings to my Surface.  Please give us an app ASAP!!!

New Poster

I am getting the feeling Comcast doesn't care. Not even the occasional update.

Official Employee

The TV app for windows phones/tablets is not on the roadmap for 2015.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Well what will we need to do to have it placed on the 2015 Roadmap?

It feels like having customers voice their demand for it here has not been helping for the last few years.

Perhaps you could ask that question to the people who make that decision so that we may respond accordingly.

New Poster

Whatever the case, if satellite comes out with Windows Store app I will have to switch, again.  Comcast is not the only provider (anymore), Google fiber is also on the way. 

New Poster

I will be going into the hospital for a month and was hoping to use the Xfinity app on my new 2-in-1 windows device to watch movies, etc.  So sad that Comcast is not being responsive to customer requests and that many customers will change providers because of this decision.  Guess I'll have to borrow my wife's iPad and figure out how to use that.  Mark me as one of the many dissatisfied Comcast customers.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast could care less if a few hundered of us unsatisfied windows mobile based folks left their clutches, why, because we are too few is the reality of it, consumer satifaction means nothing when $$$ gets in the way, Apple and Android are the real winners here, neither of which I like, but what choice do we have!  

New Poster

I don't understand why there is not an app for Surface??  Come on please!!!!

Regular Visitor

Other competitors such a direct TV have other options would be great if infinity had an app for Surface too.

New Poster

Windows 10 is out now and in 2 days had larger growth than Apple's OS. The Surface line is also now almost a 4 Billion a year business just for Microsoft while iPad sales continue to see declines. I don't think Comcast will be able to ignore the Surface and therefore Windows 10 for much longer with out pushing people quicker into cord cutting so they can being shows with them.

Frequent Visitor

Where is the solution ????

New Poster

Any Solution Folks??

Frequent Visitor

Comcast - this is so stupid. The whole IT industry is blowing-up over Microsoft right now and especially the Surface devices, yet still no Windows 10 app for the tablets or Surface Book. Not to mention all the OEMs building Windows 10 tablets and laptops. You should be embarrassed that you don't have a solution here yet for your customers. As of today, over 120M devices on Windows 10 and a goal of a billion by Microsoft.

Frequent Visitor

I am getting ready to by my next Surface  Pro.  I have the original and now upgrading to Surface 4.  Still no xfinity app?  I really dont understand.  Comcast, please comment.

Frequent Visitor

I suspect they are waiting for Microsoft to release the Android to Windows program conversion tool which will not require them to do programming to convert the application.