Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Support PS3 HBO GO App.

New Poster

Support PS3 HBO GO App.

When are you going to support HBO GO on PS3? Please do it soon so we can enjoy watching movies in a big screen instead of tablets or phones. Thanks!
Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Support PS3 HBO GO App.

this is silly, how can comcast be ok with chromecast, samsung tv's and other devices using hbo go but somehow they cant allow the ps3? the connection is there the tech is there this is just silly. 

New Poster

+1

Frequent Visitor

davisonjdd wrote:

this is silly, how can comcast be ok with chromecast, samsung tv's and other devices using hbo go but somehow they cant allow the ps3? the connection is there the tech is there this is just silly. 

Perhaps the silliest example is that the Xbox 360 has support for HBO GO. What did the PS3 do to you, Comcast? You do realize that one of the main reasons people use PS3s is to stream, and you're ticking off TONS of people, right?

Frequent Visitor

Comcast needs to support it. Every other cable provider already does.

New Poster

Am shocked to go on my PS3, downloaded HBOGO only to find out not supported by Comcast - just childish. I can access it two other way, for goodness sakes, but would prefer to access on PS3 for various reasons. This really puts me on the verge of going DirectTV or DISH. An explanation would be nice
New Poster

This is ridiculous. Was at my friend's the other night and we were all excited to boot up HBO GO via his PS3 only to find that Comcast does not support it!  How is this even possible when even the Chromecast device supports it?  Ugh. I'm about at my wits end with Comcast and am very near to cutting the cord, and I don't even have HBO! This is yet another example of poor customer service on Comcast's part. How is it that other ( much smaller ) cable companies have somehow figured out how to let this app work and Comcast is still "working on it". Absurd.

New Poster

I'm ticked about this too. Behavior like this makes me realize that a Comcast / Time Warner merger is a very bad idea and bad for consumers.  Perhaps, voicing concerns about the merger to the FCC will help. You can do that here:  

https://secure.consumersunion.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2879

Of course, if Comcast addresses this soon, few people will see this post and thus few will add their names to the FCC petition.  A win for us and for Comcast.

New Poster

I agree that the merger can only be a bad thing for consumers.

As for the reason that HBO Go is not supported on the PS3, the answer is simple, ask yourself what is the driving force of everything? Money. Obviously Playstation or Comcast or both did not want to pay the $$ needed to be supported on the network. 

I'm sure if enough people make a big enough stink then it'll happen.

New Poster

Agreed. I have been WAITING to get HBO. Now we finally have it, JUST so I could use HBO GO, and now I try to activate my ps3 and I can't, ONLY because I happen to get my service through Comcast?! I swear, I've said bad things about Comcast for years, and this is IT! They are the WORST cable company in the nation from what I can tell. I lived in the midwest for a decade and used Midcontinent. They were great! The DVR box and service were better (by a large margin), and I never ran into stupid, bulls*** problems like this. I swear, Comcast couldn't be any worse if it were run by Congressmen.

New Poster

Please support this app soon !!!!
New Poster

Comcast was recently voted the Worst Company In America by Consumerist.com:

http://consumerist.com/2014/04/08/congratulations-to-comcast-your-2014-worst-company-in-america/

One of Comcast's Executive VPs, David Cohen, said "it bothers us that we have so much trouble delivering a really high quality service level to customers on a consistent basis. It is not something we're ignoring."

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/04/we-are-deeply-disappointed-in-comcast-service-says-comcast-v...

Really Comcast?  You are bothered by that and aren't ignoring it?  Doesn't seem like it to me.

I agree that this is all about money between HBO & Comcast, and a lot less about Comcast customers.  I understand that there's technical work involved to authenticate devices, but that's no excuse.  That work should have been done before the PS3 app launched so it would work immediately, just as other cable providers did.

If Comcast made sure to support services/devices like this at launch, they could point to this as a benefit of being a Comcast customer.  We could expect early adoption of integrated services.  Instead we're left feeling like they don't care.

New Poster

they should fix this or we will move to FiOS (Verizon) that doesn't have this problem.

New Poster

It's not just PS3. Comcast Xfinity doesn't provide HBO GO to Roku users as well. It's kind of sad that these companies (Sony and Roku) don't make a bigger effort to gain support for their devices (especially since both said companies advertise that their devices can run these apps), but it's even stranger that Comcast won't allow it in the first place. I pay for my TV service and pay additional fees for HBO. If I owned an Apple product I could use it. Microsoft's XBox360 also has service from Comcast for HBO GO.

I have one major beef with this: Comcast's Guide and On Demand interface is trash, and I avoid using like the plague. I'd rather use my PS3 to browse Hulu or Netflix than browsing this clunky Xfinity menu that brings to mind MS-DOS - maybe I'm dating myself a bit there. Have you ever seen how nice the HBO GO interface is? I like using it on my computer, but why can't I use it on the PS3? AT&T's On Demand menu and guide is beautiful. Why can't Comcast put together a nicer interface for their customers? What gives? If Comcast could put out a nicer product that was easier to use - we all might be tempted to use it more.

As a paying customer, I'd like to be heard. I want to be provided an explained as to why access to my services are limited to the device that I am forced to pay rental fees for so I can receive service in the first place. Maybe I answered my own question there. Xfinity could have a deal with whatever company manufactures their cable boxes. That company might have an interest in restricting what servies are restricted. I don't know. Speculation on my part, but I haven't seen any explanation from Comcast spokespeople on this one. I'd like to hear what THEY have to say.