Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Suggestion for the Xfinity TV mobile app - Start Screen

Problem Solver

Suggestion for the Xfinity TV mobile app - Start Screen

Every time I start the Xfinity TV mobile app when at home, it starts playing the last channel I watched on the device.  99.99% of the time that is not the channel I want to watch (nor the thing I want to do anyway), so I have to stop the playback, then go into the menu to find what I really wanted to do in the first place.  I realize I could just go into the menu while the live TV is playing, but I'm stopping it cause I didn't want to hear what it chose for me originally.

I believe it would be better if the app just started like the website version (https://xtv.comcast.net) on the For You screen, and possibly with the menu open so you can pick where you want to go. Or just make the start screen user configurable in the Settings menu.

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Suggestion for the Xfinity TV mobile app - Start Screen

Same here. 

Really annoying because if I was watching live TV last, it tries to do that again, and if I'm not at home, I have to say OK to TWO "you aren't at home" screens before I can do what I want to do.

And if it was a DVR show I watched last, it plays that, and messes up how far I was into the show...

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation