Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Subscription only checkbox?

New Poster

Subscription only checkbox?

On the old platform, there was a button that you could check that said "subscriptions only" or something like that, where it would remove all the shows/channels that weren't on your subscription. Now on the new platform, I see channels and premium movies that allow me to click on them but I'm not sure why. I would like to know if this option is still a thing, and if yes WHERE IS IT??? If I watch a movie not part of my subscription, will I get charged for it even though there wasn't any warning? If someone knows, please respond. Not sure if I like this new platform for tvgo xfinity

New Poster

Re: Subscription only checkbox?

Thank you for asking this question.  I have the same question!  I've been confused so many times while using this new interface and I've clicked on shows that wound up not being part of my subscriptions; now I'm worried that I'll be charged extra for the shows I started.  What do we do?

Bronze Problem Solver

juds21 wrote:

On the old platform, there was a button that you could check that said "subscriptions only" or something like that, where it would remove all the shows/channels that weren't on your subscription. Now on the new platform, I see channels and premium movies that allow me to click on them but I'm not sure why. I would like to know if this option is still a thing, and if yes WHERE IS IT??? If I watch a movie not part of my subscription, will I get charged for it even though there wasn't any warning? If someone knows, please respond. Not sure if I like this new platform for tvgo xfinity

If you try to watch a channel you're not subscribed to, it will give you an error stating a subscription is required now that they fixed it. At first, the site had a bug that allowed you to stream channels you weren't paying for. Don't know how pay per view works, I never tried.

Contributor

Harrisena1 wrote:

Thank you for asking this question.  I have the same question!  I've been confused so many times while using this new interface and I've clicked on shows that wound up not being part of my subscriptions; now I'm worried that I'll be charged extra for the shows I started.  What do we do?

Everything you can watch in the On Demand section is already included in your subscription. There are even a few things (sample content?) for networks I don't subscribe to. 

If you rent or buy a movie on your TV, you can also watch it ("Rented" row in "For You" or in Saved: Purchases section). You can't buy/rent from the website or apps, however.