Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streampix must be worthless if I can't see the catalog

Contributor

Streampix must be worthless if I can't see the catalog

So I had a call fronm some sales-droid yesterday, trying to get me to add TV service back into my account (on internet and phone only for the past 20 months).  We got rid of TV since we were already watching Netflix and Crunchyroll, and about the only thing we'd do with TV was to switch it on for noise (not actually planning to watch any particular shows).  Wasn't worth another $80/month for maybe two shows a week we'd specifically want to see. 

But one thing the sales-droid mentioned was the bundled Streampix service.  It piqued my interest, and I decided to see just what sort of shows were there (and if it was possibly better than Hulu).  Well guess what; I tried to look at the catalogue from my computer and I was presented with a webpage with an obmnxious and smarmy message thatI wouldn't be allowed to view the page because Cr*pcast doesn't like my OS/browser.  Let me inform you; this is a LINUX houusehold, and if you site doesn't work with Linux, then I guess it's an absolute given we won't be looking at any option that includes Streampix. 

You would think, if you are *SO* desperate to flog your streaming video service to any suĉkers you can drag onto it, you'd want to use every opportunity to show what a wonderful service you think it is.  Unless, of course (and most likely), the service is SO dismal that no one would ever consider subscribing to it if they knew how bad it was ahead of time.

Official Employee

Re: Streampix must be worthless if I can't see the catalog

The XFINITY Stream app supports iOS, Android, Mac, PC, and Roku. We do not have plans at this time to support Linux due to incompatibility with our DRM (digital rights management) system.

Streampix offers a fine package of programming (without commercials) and is bundled for free with many of our packages (or about $5/month a la carte). I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a rate considerably less that an incremental $80 on top of the Internet and phone service to which you already subscribe.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: Streampix must be worthless if I can't see the catalog

ComcastDan wrote:

The XFINITY Stream app supports iOS, Android, Mac, PC, and Roku. We do not have plans at this time to support Linux due to incompatibility with our DRM (digital rights management) system.

Streampix offers a fine package of programming (without commercials) and is bundled for free with many of our packages (or about $5/month a la carte). I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a rate considerably less that an incremental $80 on top of the Internet and phone service to which you already subscribe.

-ComcastDan

Funny, Netflix, Hulu and Crunchy have NO problem getting DRM to work on Linux.  But then again, we ARE talking about the lack of competence Comcast has shown repeatedly.  No linux support?  No subscription.  Period.

You say "Streampix offers a fine package of programming" yet you have NO way of proving that to me.  I am SO looking forward to FIOS becoming available in our area.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation