New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streampix is NOT expiring

ANSWERED
New Poster

Streampix is NOT expiring

lost on demand/streampix states all episodes are expiring 6/11/12.. is this true if so when will it be back, im in the middle of season 3?

Accepted Solution

Re: lost streampix expiring?

debterjoe wrote:

lost on demand/streampix states all episodes are expiring 6/11/12.. is this true if so when will it be back, im in the middle of season 3?

No Streampix videos are expiring. For now, please ignore the expiration dates until we remove it from our site.

Sorry for the confusion and enjoy the rest of the series,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

probably depends on the licensing agreement.  Word of advice from someone who has watched it all, its all downhill from where you are.  I think most of them are on the mobile app and netflix.  But don't disappoint yourself.

New Poster

Streampix

I ordered Streampix a few weeks ago. It should have been included in my HD Triple Play package but I was told I have to pay $4.99 a month. 

So I have been watching Lost, the real reason I wanted the Streampix.  Last night, I went into Season 3, and I see that all the Lost series ends 6/11/12!  I was on the phone with 3 people last night in Souteast Asia and they could not answer my question at all!  I was told the series will continue, I was told it should continue, then I was told it will end and told I better watch them all before it ends on 6/11/12.  IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Several other series also ends 6/11/12.

What is the purpose of Streampix when they remove series?  I am so upset by this. I was going to switch to WOW when I moved, only to be talked into staying by having Comcast match what Wow was offering.  

My friend has Netflix and they do not expire.  

Does anyone know about Streampix???  Or know of a number where I can speak to someone in the USA that knows what they are talking about?   

Thanks!

New Poster

Streampix

Do streampix series end?

Lost and several other series say they end 6/11/12.  I can't possibly watch all by then.  What is the purpose of Streampix if they remove them?  I've only had this for a month.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Streampix

the episodes expire based on licensing agreements with the networks, I don't think anyone can tell you if or when they will be back. 

word of advise lost was a great series after season 3 it jumped the shark and it was such a waste don't invest your time  the writers just made everything up and you never learn anything.

I also believe that strampix would be included in your pacakge, and all the episodes are on netflix which for 3 dollars more has tons more content that does not expire. 

Official Employee

debterjoe wrote:

No Streampix videos are expiring. For now, please ignore the expiration dates until we remove it from our site.

Sorry for the confusion and enjoy the rest of the series,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Streampix

Thanks I'm getting rid of Comcast, tired of dealing with Outsourced international call centers who's employees do not understand what I am asking,and who are reading scripts!

I will also get Netflix.  I am very upset with Comcast, about the only number you can get through to anyone without waiting 40 minutes is when you want to cancel your service!

Valued Contributor

XFinity Streampix Series Seaons ending earlier than original

Ok so I have been utilizing Xfinity STreampix to view some TV shows that they have complete seasons of.  I in partricular really got into Lost.  I did not watch it when it was on.  I got through just about the first season  I was about to start season 2 when I noticed suddenly most of the episodes in the series will be expriing next week on June 11, 2012.  Originally these had end dates in 2013.  What is odd is a few episodes are remaining with the 2013 end day but only a couple well the rest are all set to expire next week.  I checked and noticed the same with a few other TV series on streampix. 

I was wondering why the sudden change.  Since Streampix is Xfinity they are the programmers so I would hope they will have an answer as to why this is happening!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XFinity Streampix Series Seaons ending earlier than original

the dates where put there in error, they will not be expiring.

word of caution on lost, don't put your time into you will be disappointed.