Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streampix constantly buffering

Frequent Visitor

Streampix constantly buffering

I finally got streampix to work on my computer, however, the buffering is extremely horrible.  It will play for 5-20 secondsm then the video will freeze for 1-3 seconds, then play for 5-10, then freeze.  This does it on anything I play through Streampix.  I've changed the video quality, but it does the same thing reguardless, which is odd considering how pixelated the video is on the "speed" quality selection.

I've tried to pause the video for up to 20 minutes, but it will play for 30-60 seconds, then start the constant buffering again.

HELP PLEASE!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Streampix constantly buffering

Can anyone help here?  ComcastJoe?

Frequent Visitor

And to add to this, I'm checking at work and many things I want to watch (Game of Thrones, Doctor who, Venture Brothers) are giving me an error code of (Error 900|3315.58).  Please someone help, because phone support and chat support don't know how to.

New Poster

I have the same problem streaming Netflix programs.  Is there a solution?

New Poster

I've had the same problems for years.  I called Comcast for help and the tech suggested I reset (unplug) the modem and router then plug them back in.   First the modem then the router.   I tried this and it seemed to work but the problem eventually came back.  When I upgraded to triple play I found that resetting the Arris modem by unplugging it does not work because it has a battery.  I suspect that at certain times of day there is high usage on Comcast that sucks up the bandwidth slowing transfer rates way down.  I suggest everyone with this problem complain vigorously and constantly to Comcast and threaten to switch providers if they do not take positive and effective action to correct the problem.  It will be harder for them to ignore thousands of repeat complaints.  (Harder but not impossible.)  Good luck.  

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation