Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streampix and bandwidth cap

Frequent Visitor

Streampix and bandwidth cap

Does streaming a movie online via Streampix count towards the 250 GB cap?

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: Streampix and bandwidth cap

Yes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

You're joking right? They are charging for Steampix and then will hold it against you for your bandwidth? So hey give us your money but you better not use the service or we will cancel you.

New Poster

I just called comcast and they said it will not count against you. Not sure if they know what they are talking about though. He said that streaming doesn't count towards your cap. And just how are they breaking that out to tell when you are downloading files and not streaming? Doesn't make sense to me. I guess I am going to draw attention to myself cause this month I am over 250G for the first time and I only stream Xifinity movies, Netflix movies and a couple of online games that the kids and I play.

New Poster

Figured out why my usage was so high this month. I signed up to the iTunes match and synced my laptop up with it after I was all in the iCloud. That was almost 200G download there. Well at least now I know why my usage was so high and someone was not pirating off my wireless Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

I know it counts in the sense that you're consuming bandwidth on the Internet.  The question is more whether Comcast has made a business decision to exclude this data from the cap to make the service more attractive than competing offers.  It's certainly within their capability to identify bandwidth consumed using Streampix, and filter that from their usage reporting. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation