Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming

New Poster

Streaming

I am not tech savvy and I don't know how to stream.  Can I stream something to my TV or do I have to watch a computer. I only have a regular DVR. How do I start?

Service Expert

Re: Streaming

judy201 wrote:

I am not tech savvy and I don't know how to stream.  Can I stream something to my TV or do I have to watch a computer. I only have a regular DVR. How do I start?

What do you want to stream?  Are you saying you have a TV connected to your DVR and you have a second TV that doesn't have an Xfinity STB?

My son streams his Android phone to his TV using a Google Chromecast connected to his TV.  Android has a nice Chromecast app that can stream just about anything.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Streaming

Except if you want to cast to something other than your home tv, then Comcast screws you. And it's only Comcast ad Directv doesn't stop it's customers from casting programming from smart phones to other devices.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation