Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming to your portable device from this app.

ANSWERED
New Poster

Streaming to your portable device from this app.

According to the product description, you can "download thousands of hit shows & movies from Showtime, Starz, Encore and more to your Android tablet or phone & watch them anytime, anywhere -- even when you’re offline."

I'll be [cursed by the devil] if I can find any option anywhere in the app to download or even stream any content to my device. 

What's more, you can't even use this app to completely start an On Demand movie.  It still requires the cable box remote to select 'OK' to begin the selection.  What the [place where the devil lives] is the point of that?

Whoever designed and/or approved this app for production is severely mentally challanged.

What am I missing here?  This app is terrible.

For reference, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Accepted Solution

Re: Streaming to your portable device from this app.

You need to download the XFINITY TV Player app.  Your pictures are from the XFINITY TV app, which is for browsing and for controlling your DVR.

View answer in context
New Poster

For further reference, here is a link to four screenshots of the app from my phone:

Click here.

As you can see, nowhere is there an option to stream or download the video to my phone.

These are only a few examples.  I have navigated all over the app, six ways from Sunday and the option is just not there.

And once again, what is the point of starting an On Demand movie from the app, when in reality, you can't really start it!  You still need to confirm with your cable box remote.   Did anyone at QC not even realize how hopelessly convoluted that is?  Do you even beta test these things?

Contributor

you have to use the xfinity remote app, that is the one that lets you download.  You can filter the content for downloadable only there you will see the ones you can download. Unless its different for android I have ios and thats how I do it there. 

To watch shows on your phone or tablet you need to select the play now button that will give you what shows are available to watch on your mobile device.

New Poster

There is no "Xfinity Remote" app for the Android OS.

The equivalent for the Android OS is the Xfinity TV app.

And the option to stream or download is just not available and I invite anyone to prove me wrong.

Contributor

so when you  press the play now button you see no filters or any download button?  

New Poster

That's the thing.  Did you look at my screenshots?  I don't EVEN HAVE a play now button.

New Poster

I just added another screenshot.

Screenshots

As you can see in the last capture, there are only TV Listings, On Demand, Search and Settings buttons.

Contributor

You need to download the XFINITY TV Player app.  Your pictures are from the XFINITY TV app, which is for browsing and for controlling your DVR.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation