Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming to a tv away from home

Regular Visitor

Streaming to a tv away from home

I downloaded the app & can see all my DVR recordings along with the guide listing tv programming. The only place I can find to watch anything is the device the app is downloaded to. How can I watch on another tv either away from home or in another room of my home.

Official Employee

Re: Streaming to a tv away from home

Lucyvanpelt wrote:

I downloaded the app & can see all my DVR recordings along with the guide listing tv programming. The only place I can find to watch anything is the device the app is downloaded to. How can I watch on another tv either away from home or in another room of my home.

You can use the Stream app for Roku while in your home to watch on TVs without a set-top box. The Stream app for iOS and Android is only able to play back content on the device on which is installed.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I tried downloading to my Roku but I could not stream live programming to a TV away from home.  Info said you had to be using Xfinity wi-fi even though I can stream on my computer using another provider (however, unable to stream on a computer using Google Cloud for some reason).   Any suggestion?

Frequent Visitor

The only way I have found is to setup a Slingbox unit between the x1 box and TV. Open the Slingbox app up and watch. Bandwidth can be an issue at times but it  is the only way to get local TV News during emergencies like Harvey and Irma.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation