Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streaming stops

New Poster

Streaming stops

While streaming live tv on my laptop, why, when an episode ends and a new one begins, sometimes the streaming stops and nothing I do will bring it back? While my living room television continues working fine and shows the next program.

Official Employee

Re: Streaming stops

Hello ploarbear, when you say that the stream stops and there is nothing you can do to bring it back do you see an error message at that point? Have you tried rebooting your computer or modem to resolve the issue? Do you notice this issue while streaming on demand content or live content?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Streaming stops

It only stops for the channel that I was on, I am able to watch other channels. And no, no error message. Just this stupid message on the screen that says something about channel or program not availbale or content blocked, I don't remember the exact wording. My computer and router do not need rebooting, I can watch other channels. Streaming live content. The televisions in my living room and bedroom continue to show the next program and my computer just shows a black screen with that stupid message. And no, I have no filters on.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation