New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming on demand for Android?

ANSWERED
New Poster

Streaming on demand for Android?

When might the Andriod market be served by being able to stream on demand shows to our android phones?  I don't believe I'm being discounted on my bill for supporting the iPhone/pad users who can take advantage of this capability so I must assume you are working on providing equal service for the Android market since we are funding this capability for the Apple market?????????????????????

If not when will you charge them for this service and discount us?  Equal pay should mean equal service.

Accepted Solution

Re: Streaming on demand for Android?

We're excited to announce that we've just launched the Xfinity TV Player app for Android, which provides streaming capabilities.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.playnow

More details here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-TV-Player-app-for-Android/td-p/1292871

Eric

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Agree.  When will apps be available for Kindle Fire also in Amazon market?  Would be nice to have these available.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

I was asking the same ? I was  in live chat and the analyst "left the room" before I could ask him why androids can't stream live tv.

Silver Problem Solver

Comast does not allow live tv streaming on any device, not just android.  That functionality is being tested in the colorado area only.

New Poster

I had a Ipod that has been streaming Hbo, Showtime and all tv shows.  Xfinty streams on it as well or did but my Ipod got damage.  I bought an ASUS Prime which is the best tablet on the market and  I assumed Xfinity tv and movie streaming would be available when I bought but now I feel I should of got an Ipad 2 since it receives the Xfinity streaming.  What I feel is bad customer service and bad service is the representatives from Comcast are not talking about or even giving us customers who pay over $185 for their services that

they don't have to professionalism to give updates to us curious customers when streaming will be available.  I see a lot of comments and complaints but I don't hear anything from Comcast.   When Apple or another cable carrier provides service in my area I will leave Comcast because of their lack of proving decent information to valuable and popular need of streaming which I think majority customers with android tablets and phones want.  I'm away from home a lot and and away from tv so this app. necessity of tv and movie streaming is greatly needed.

Silver Problem Solver

streaming is a term that is losely used.  YOu cannot watch any xfinity tv programming live on any device.  That functionality like I posted is in trials only.  To view on deamand type programming you need an apple device, it works for nothing else.  I just wanted to make that clear. the comcast reps are undertrained and why they can't tell people that simple info is beyond me.  YOu also need to realize that apple was a front runner with the iphone.   It took anyone especially google over two years to be able to catch up to what apple was doing.  Major phone manufacturers such as samung and nokia licensed android and pay google because they had no choice they could not match what apple put out, it was revolutionaly.  If you recall before the iphone 1 we all had flip phones and were texting with numbers.  So with that being the case other providers like comcast got to work on apps for apple as there was nothing else.  Now that android is here they are working on that.  I will tell you this, for 499 the new ipad has no competition, that comes from me and pcworld who reviewed it calling it an android killer.  Why would you pay more than 499 for an android tablet when you can get the new ipad and no one has a screen resolution anywhere near it and the apps are unreal.  other manufacturers like toshiba are putting out tablets wifi only for hundreds more, who would buy them. My opinon.

Frequent Visitor

Been saying for a while the feature to stream on android is coming (at least over a year) but still no expected date. Seems to me it likely will not happen. Using the web and pc  stream of xfinity, most of the videos are supplied by hulu .  Hulu does not allow android stream unless you subscribe to the hulu plus service.

It is likely it is not that tey can make the app  for androids  but will not pay the liciening fees to hulu  for it.

Silver Problem Solver

Since you brought it up read this.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403773,00.asp

Official Employee

We're excited to announce that we've just launched the Xfinity TV Player app for Android, which provides streaming capabilities.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.playnow

More details here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-TV-Player-app-for-Android/td-p/1292871

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon