New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming is choppy and audio constantly unsyncs

ANSWERED
New Poster

Streaming is choppy and audio constantly unsyncs

I have been trying to watch some videos but the streaming quality is so terrible that they are unwatchable. As said in the title it is very choppy and the sound is consistantly unsynced. In fact, the problem with the sound is so bad that if I pause the video the picture will still run in the background for several seconds as it catches up to the audio. All other videos on other websites such as Youtube run perfectly fine and smooth on 1080p, yet I can't even run the videos on Xfinity at low quality. Does anyone know why this is?

I just realised something rather odd. It turns out that this problem only occurs in full screen. If I try watching the video in its tiny little window without expanding it then there are no issues. This isn't much of an imrpovement though as to me this is just as unwatchable. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Streaming is choppy and audio constantly unsyncs

Problem Solver

New Poster

Well, I suppose I should have looked at that page closer. I had already skimmed over but I did not realise until I went over it again just now tthat Xfinity streaming does not support Google Chrome for god knows why. I tried using Internet Explorer and it seems to work fine. There is no reason why Chrome shouldn't be supported but this will do until it is fixed. 

Problem Solver

Glad you got it figured out.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation