Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming from home connection not working.

New Poster

Streaming from home connection not working.

I'm 100% positive I'm connected to my home network that is connected through my Xfinity internet service.  However, I'm getting the error, "Some networks only allow their content to be viewed when you are on your home WiFi. Look for TV Go options to watch anywhere, any time."  Please help me fix this nonsense.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Streaming from home connection not working.

SteveDensmore wrote:

I'm 100% positive I'm connected to my home network that is connected through my Xfinity internet service.  However, I'm getting the error, "Some networks only allow their content to be viewed when you are on your home WiFi. Look for TV Go options to watch anywhere, any time."  Please help me fix this nonsense.

Goto login to you xf "my account" "devices" and verify you cable modem serial number matches what is shown on website.

go here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

New Poster

What's the next step I take if it's not?  It appears to be the wrong modem listed.

Bronze Problem Solver

SteveDensmore wrote:

What's the next step I take if it's not?  It appears to be the wrong modem listed.

Call xf support and tell them about the discrepancy

New Poster

I've been on the phone with Xfinity support for 30 minutes now.  Had them update the correct modem info, and the problem still persists. 

*update*

The issue has been sorted out.  Thanks for the guidance!

Bronze Problem Solver

SteveDensmore wrote:

I've been on the phone with Xfinity support for 30 minutes now.  Had them update the correct modem info, and the problem still persists. 

Does it now match what is shown in your "My Accounts" "Devices" yet?

New Poster

Yes, it does.  They were confused how the other modem ever ended up being associated with my account in the first place since I've always used my own modem.

Bronze Problem Solver

SteveDensmore wrote:

Yes, it does.  They were confused how the other modem ever ended up being associated with my account in the first place since I've always used my own modem.

Try rebooting modem and pc, then retry.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation