Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streaming Xfinity when away from home

Regular Visitor

Streaming Xfinity when away from home

I have a second home outside of the Comcast network. Can I run Xfinity through my Internet service in the second home using Roku or Chromecast? I am trying to avoid buying cable from the local cable company since I already have Xfinity X1 at my primary home.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Streaming Xfinity when away from home

@bhsclassof70 wrote:

I have a second home outside of the Comcast network. Can I run Xfinity through my Internet service in the second home using Roku or Chromecast? I am trying to avoid buying cable from the local cable company since I already have Xfinity X1 at my primary home.

You can use the stream website with hdmi or casting hardware to your tv, but only content  out of home will work

Regular Visitor

Thank you Mvenanzi. Follow-up question: I have a Roku HD TV in my second home. Is there a Roku app to run Xfinity through that TV or do I need to use a casting device or HDMI cable from another device (ala laptop, smartphine, etc.)?

Bronze Problem Solver

@bhsclassof70 wrote:

Thank you Mvenanzi. Follow-up question: I have a Roku HD TV in my second home. Is there a Roku app to run Xfinity through that TV or do I need to use a casting device or HDMI cable from another device (ala laptop, smartphine, etc.)?

The xfi roku app only works while on your xfi home network, so it won't work in second home. The only way to get xfi streaming to your tv is using the streaming website on a pc with hdmi or casting hw, mobile devices will block it.

Regular Visitor

Got it. Thanks so much!!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation