Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming XFINITY TV Loading error

New Poster

Streaming XFINITY TV Loading error

Ever since wednesday I have been unable to stream any recoreded shows on our XFINITY account from my macbook (Using Safari). The page will get stuck in an endless loading cycle or only play 2 mintues worth and then freeze up. I usually end up having to force quit my browser to get out. I've restarted my computer more times than I can remember, disconnected and reconnected to the network, tried using firefox, cleared Safari's cache, and logged in and out of the account several times. My parents are still able to stream shows from their devices without a problem. My apartment (on wednesday when this all started happening) upgraded the wireless connection (ResNet) in our apartment by installing an "Aruba" device to our ethernet port in the main room. We were told we wouldnt have to do anything or change anything once the device was installed. I dont have any trouble with the internet in general, and I can still stream from other sources (Netflix or youtube). It's only XFINITY that isnt working for me. I'm completly at a loss for what it could be or what to do about it. 

New Poster

Re: Streaming XFINITY TV Loading error

The endless loading cycle is likely due to Flash being updated.  When My Mac and PC updated to the first release of Flash version 27.0 both Firefox and Safari (I found Safari to be unstable streaming xfinity, firefox is a lot more stable) got stuck in a continual loading loop after streaming xfinity and closing the browser and re-opening.   I could get Firefox to stream xfinity again after resetting the browser, but had to do this everytime.  Root cause: Flash version 27 (first release) was corrupting the browser configuration.  un-installed flash version 27 and re-installed 26.0.0.151 and reset the browser, problem solved on both the MAC and PC.  You will need to disable automatic updates or it will just re-install v27.

Note: Flash is a full blown programing language and NOT just a video player, and is FREQUENTLY updated to fix security holes.   This fix is NOT recommended as a permanent fix.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation