Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming Video Incredibly laggy, can't even watch

New Poster

Streaming Video Incredibly laggy, can't even watch

I was surprised to find out that comcast has some free shows on "watch TV" even though I don't subcribe to their cable service, sadly, they are completely unwatchable. I tried to stream Season 2 Episode 3 of Under the Dome, but the video will start lagging and stuttering making it un watchable. I've even lowered the stream quality to "low". I've tried a couple times and it never works.

Today, no more than 5 minutes later after trying Comcast again, I load up the same episode on Amazon Prime Video (I watch the free version that has ads so same service as comcast except I pay $0 for it) and it runs flawlessly and in great quality. Both videos are played on a Windows 7 PC, both in chrome, both on my 50+ MB/sec connection. Two different sites.

Comcast runs so much more poorly, what's up with that?

Regular Visitor

Re: Streaming Video Incredibly laggy, can't even watch

Same here.  This has been going on for the last few months and many inquiries within the forum.  Hulu, Youtube, Amazon, Netflix, all video sources work fine for me.  Comcast.net is very laggy right from the start.  Has been for months.  I see a lot of topics about this but no resolution or troubleshooting.  Best bet is to go with an alternative and realize this service doesn't work.  Not on a Win 7 machine at least.

New Poster

Re: Streaming Video Incredibly laggy, can't even watch

Thanks for the reply. I noticed similar lag on CBS's site while trying to stream under the dome. It seems some sites have their act together and some don't. It's tough for me because I'm experimenting with no cable TV and it's already hard enough to research where I can watch shows, when sites that host content can't even stream it to me properly.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation