Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming Video Cuts Out!

New Poster

Streaming Video Cuts Out!

All online streaming video including xfinity channels as well as Netflix cut out every few seconds. This happens on both my tablet and on my laptop.The past couple days it has become so bad the online videos just kick me out of Netflix or on Xfinity, commercials play continuously.

Our modem and router are both new and were working fine...

What is going on? What can I do? Please help, this is very frustrating! 

Regular Contributor

Re: Streaming Video Cuts Out!

Can't say I have a definitive answer but a couple suggestions:

Try and attach your laptop right to the modem bypassing the router, powercycle the modem and leave it off for at least a full minute before plugging it back in. If it's one of those that has a battery backup in it make sure to remove the battery as well. After that see if you still have the streaming problem.

If you are still having a problem then it's either the modem which you say is new and it could be defective and I would try and take it to the local Comcast store and swap it and see if you still have a problem after that.

If you are still having a problem then you'll have to call customer service and get a technician out with a meter to test your signal strength. Four or five years ago I was having slow and sluggish internet and I was getting a lot of pixalation on my DVR, the tech said the signal strength was lower than it should be and replaced the wires from the pole to the house and everything was fine after that.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation