Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming TV - shows are no longer listed

New Poster

Streaming TV - shows are no longer listed

I cannot watch Streaming TV.  I had about a dozen channels and then suddenly I have only CMT.  Now I have four channels, none that I wish to watch.  How do i get my channels back?  CNN, History, and so on. 

Official Employee

Re: Streaming TV - shows are no longer listed

Hi kmcovill, I can assist you with your stream TV. Can you please tell me if you're using our app to stream or are you online at our website? Do you get and error message while trying to search for other channels? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am also having the same problem which started last night (6/20). Live TV and then On Demand (I initially only had CMT as well but then that went away and threw the below error) is throwing this error:

"Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later."

(Error getChannelMap.400)

I was on Comcast chat for tech support with 5 tech for 2.5 hours

The problem problem persisted today as well so I went back on chat for another 1.25 hours and two techs later I got On Demand back but 99% of it is SPANISH programming! None of the HBO I subscribe to or anything else!

I called tech support. They demand I use a set-top box to resolve the problem and that the Roku app does not provide programming but the set top box will which is what I am trying to avoid! (I don't want any Comcast equipment -- to run any lines which I will have to run a 50 foot cable across my apartment because the building is that old and the cable outlet is in the bedroom and I only need Comcast's service for less than a year now!). In any event, Live TV still does not work. I am not going to the store a third time to go get the set top box I sent back the second time and On Demand isn't programming I subscribe to.

There is clearly something wrong with the back end talking to the front end to provide programming and not our Roku devices, TV or internet service. I am expecting a call back from the tech within the next 15 minutes but we'll see if they actually call back.

I don't have this problem with CenturyLink Prism TV back at my home in Colorado and I have had stable service (internet and fiber TV) for the last 2.5 years; prior to that Dish was my satellite and no problems there either).

Official Employee

Hello Richelle_P, I can assist you with this issue. Have you tested the app on another device other than your Roku? Have you tried removing the app from your equipment and adding it back? If not, please do so now. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I don't think you read my post. I chatted with and spoke to now 8 different techs with Comcast.  I did what you just suggested and just like the handful of other times and it still doesn't work. Live TV is giving me the same error. Please read my previous post in its entirety prior to responding.

New Poster

I was also suposed to receive a phone call back from the tech support agent I was speaking with in "13 minutes." It has been about an hour and a half no and no call. What's up with that?!

Official Employee

I understand that you have chatted with several different reps, and I don't want to carry you through the same troubleshooting steps as before. If you have tried using our app on another device other than your Roku can you please share your results? Have you tried signing in with another username? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hello,. I have the same problem,. no live TV, only TV GO

New Poster

Yes, I have TV Go only as well.  I am using my desk top computer to watch Xfinity Live TV.  What is the TV GO?

Official Employee

Hi kmcovill, are you getting any errors when trying to stream online? If so can you verify what it is. 

The XFINITY TV Go app was our streaming app for smart devices that has been retired and no longer supported in the near future. If you were, or have ever downloaded the TV GO app on other devices, you'll need to switch to the XFINITY Stream app, which offers even more content and an updated user interface. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi Mister2! The XFINITY TV Go app has been retired and no longer supported in the near future, and you'll need to switch to the XFINITY Stream app. If you have not downloaded the app, you can do so here

If you are currently using the Stream App, can you verify if you are receiving any errors?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm using stream online, and xfinity stream app on my iphone, and only appear TV GO, no message display and no line up

New Poster

New Poster

I attempted to watch Live TV using the streaming service from Xfinity on my laptop and I only receive 4 channels. Three kids shows and CMT (CMT was originally the only channel I had for about 10 minutes on my Roku before the error started showing and I got nothing). So no, the streaming Live TV doesn't even work on my laptop. I won't bother with my phone because thats two out of three devices that are different, suppose to support Live TV and don't. My Roku stick continues to broadcast Hulu and Netflix and other channels without issue. Today I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Livestream application for Roku. It still does not work. But I did notice the Live TV and On Demand icons have switched spots.

Frequent Visitor

This is a problem with Comcast and not all of us users. I have the same issue, earlier today had all my normal channels now tonight just a handful of useless channels, not what I had before and no locals. I've logged out, logged back in. Done this on Roku, my computer through the website and my app on my iPhone (stream app)... this is something within xfinity and nothing with us so please don't troubleshoot my issue as I've done all the troubleshooting for you. Just please fix the service!
Official Employee

Hello All. I would like to look into all of your account to look at deeper into this issue and see how many other it is affecting. Could you each send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of his message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

What the heck is goint on there?  I also had 30 channels and HBO with "streaming tv" (NO BOXES) and suddenly this evening all I have is a few CMT and TV GO channels!  Where are my LIVE TV channels????

Official Employee

Mister2, It appears as if you filters set. Can you please un-check all filters and see what options you get?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I have NO filters set.

Official Employee

Sorry jwohara, I was referring to Mister2 who attached a screen shot earlier in the thread.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

jwohara, I've replied to your private message and can continue to assist you there.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I've replied to you and sent you a PM as well, however not much else I can do on my side.. I've even rebooted my cable modem and router because I know you guys have us do that as well. Everything has been rebooted, cache cleared, signed out, signed back in, tried on multiple devices and through web interface. Used the Xfinity Stream TV app on my iphone... they all show the same handful of channels... So something in the package changes on my account yesterday.

Frequent Visitor

Still do not have correct Live TV listings that should include HBO.  All I have are a few CMT channels and a bunch of Starz channels that I'm not even subscribed to, and the system will not alllow me to watch them.  Called svc rep on phone and went through the usual RIDICULOUS steps (seemingly designed to just make customers more furious than we already are), such as restarting modem, refreshing Firefox browser, and then even resetting my Xfinity/Comcast password!  Why is it that Comcast reps seem to have no friggin' clue as to how the Stream TV even works and cannot do anything but go though a bunch of silly steps that obviously will do nothing to fix this problem which is definitely within your system.  This Stream TV seems to be like some kind of mysterious black box thingy to employees of Comcast in that they cannot do a thing to help us. I can almost see their eyes glaze over throough the phone.  Will soon have to give up completely on Comcast and go back to DISH.  With DISH for 12 years and at least they could ALWAYS fix a problem speedily whenever one occurred.

Frequent Visitor

I totally agree with you... The fact that they are troubleshooting our problems by our settings is crazy.  It's happening to a majority of people so it's not an individual setting that's doing it.  Something changed in the accounts or in the package we are assigned.  I know if they do not fix it soon, I'll just drop it.  It's crazy as I can spend hours upon hours on the phone and get no where... then they fix something and it just starts working.... 

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot of us angry customers out there.  I shouldn't get myself started on this (ie, my blood pressure and all), but just last week I spent over an hour with a supposedly "advanced" technician on a different issue that concerned the live TV stream running a full TWO MINUTES delayed on all channels (2 minutes behind the actual live broadcasts as viewed on the same channels over-the-air and on DISH).  I could not get him away from the only thing he seemed to know -- that it somehow just had to be a modem problem! ARGH!   I had no other problems with my internet stream, or even with watching recorded shows from the "cloud DVR", and here all he could offer was to arrange for a technican to come to my house (yet a great opportunity for Comcast to charge me another zillion dollars).   I was sure my head would explode!  I gave up and told him to forget the whole thing!  The next day the delayed live TV stream was down to just 45 seconds delayed, so I suppose I should be happy with running 45 seconds behind the rest of the world. This company has the absolute worst cust svc I've ever had the miserable experience to encounter.  They are obviously not being educated in the system and are only instructed to strictly follow some ridiculous steps regardless of the type of problem. It is infuriating!

Frequent Visitor

Wonder if anyone else from comcast is monitoring this feed #Comcast #Help #CustomersNeedHelp
I hate calling in because it's 2-3 hours of my day/life I'll never get back and it has never solved my problem before Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

I called into comcast and spoke with someone at level 3 support (888-824-8988).  This is a issue that is now nationwide and is affecting everyone.  It is a known issue and they have tickets open on trying to resolve this.  She said within 2 days they should "hopefully" have this fixed.   So this confirms it's not a user issue, it's a comcast issue.  While I was on the phone with her, she had just received an email about this and stated its a bigger picture issue and they are working on it.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for that info!  I just went another dizzying round with a different cust svc rep who escalated my complaint, and am now waiting for a call back from "advanced" technical staff.  Up to a whole 2-day wait (and of course excluding the weekend) for a fix to something they did to me just yesterday is absolutely pathetic for such a huge multi-billion dollar company -- one that seeks to buy out all the competition so as to become a full-fledged monopoly where the entire nation would all just have to bend over and grin all the time.  What a country!

Official Employee

Hi MonteJenBella, and jwohara. Sorry for the delay in response. MonteJenBella, The agent you spoke with was correct in regards to this currently being a nationwide issue. Our engineers are working actively to try and get this issue resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I had a Comcast tech come out who was equally as confused (he wasn't familiar with the app but he is now!) and he too also used the Comcast Chat (got nowhere), made a handful of calls and did everything they told him which was largely what I did over and over. He was equally as disgruntled and frustrated but thanks to his hard work and calls and all of our complaints, I came home 5.25 hours later and my Live TV is back! He spent 2 hours here trying to get this problem resolved so kudos to my tech. I have his number if it breaks again, hahaha. Bad Comcast software developers/engineers. You should be informing customer service that there is a known problem and that the reps who take our calls/chats can convey that they are a) knoweldgable about the app -- in many cases they claim to be and not and b) send us an email that you are aware that there are or might be problems with the service that we are paying for and you are supposed to be providing. I spent way too much time on this issue and like another commented, time that I can't get back. Close to 10 hours this week.

Frequent Visitor

WOW!   All my channels are now back!  So glad it didn't take up to 2 business days to fix.  Good luck to all (we'll probably need it).

Official Employee

I'm glad to hear the issue is now resolved. With the help of yourself and other customer making us aware of this issue when it began, our engineers were able to work pretty fast to get it taken care of. Thanks for everyone's patience while getting it fixed.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Today is working good, all channels. Thanks Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Glad to hear that Mister2! Feel free to reach out again if you have any more issues! 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

One roku did work now both stuck on CMT and STARZ. I had same issue as all the above and went through about 5 hours of the same resets and all. My live tv would give the error getchannelapp.400 (I think that was it). A great tech "refreshed account" and that seemed to fix it for a while. I have two roku stick 3600 and have the 7.6.0 software on them both. Now though I have both not working correctly and stuck on CMT and Starz.
New Poster

Both Back on about an hour later
Official Employee

Hey Mike133. Thanks for following up with us. Not sure if you had the chance to read the above posts, but this issue was related to a national service interruption. If you begin to experience any more issues, please feel free to reach out so we can begin looking into the cause. Thanks again! 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Just u installed and reinstalled the ap and nothing is working,  This is the 3rd day we lost all the channels we watch.  We have no cable news whatsoever with the exception of CSpan.my issue is definitely not resolved at all!!!!!

New Poster

It's not working on the Stream Ap or on the laptop.This is infuriating.  Heatwave....stuck inside....nothing to watch. 

Official Employee

Hi Thankuplease! I can look further into your account. Can you shoot me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Hi, I have only TVGO and music. I have been troubleshooting for hours with Comcast at different levels. Tech to come out tomorrow, as modem has been going up and down. Cannot play new recordings without an 8001 error. I can schedule a recording but it will not record. The account is not in arrears, and I have the same problem going on LTE. Have uninstalled and reinstalled apps. COMCAST, WHAT DID YOU DO?

Official Employee

Hi John-and-Eli. Since you have a tech scheduled to come out tomorrow, we would like to see if you still have the problems afterwards. Shoot us a private message with the street address and phone number associated with your account,  we are still more than happy to look into your account. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Hi,  got back my channel listings. I can now record, hopefully. But pawn stars series 8 episode 8 and episode 11 still show error 8001 on attempted playback. 

Official Employee

John-and-Eli, I just replied to your private message and will continue to engage there. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Sent you another private message... The channels are gone again today.... Not sure what is going on, but could we get a permenent fix in place?  I'm back to the exact same issue as last week.  Rebooted, tried multiple devices, multiple browsers, etc... it's definitely not me again.

New Poster

i am having the same problem. there are only 4 channels available in my streaming as of yesterday. please help. 

New Poster

i am having the same problem. please help.

Frequent Visitor

Mine is fixed now again.... anyway to make this stop happening?

New Poster

I am not able to see live tv any on demand or my purchases on my g5 sport after reinstallung the stream app.
Frequent Visitor

I have this exact same problem. I have been dealing with it since 6/7. It has not been fixed for me at all. I would love to know how the others were fixed.