Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streaming TV on a computer (at home)

New Poster

Streaming TV on a computer (at home)

I've been able to steam TV on my computer at home, but haven't been able to do this for my wife's computer.  Are there a limit to the number of devices that can stream TV (at home)?

Thanks

Dan

Official Employee

Re: Streaming TV on a computer (at home)

danbob6 wrote:

I've been able to steam TV on my computer at home, but haven't been able to do this for my wife's computer.  Are there a limit to the number of devices that can stream TV (at home)?

Thanks

Dan

For most customers there is a limit of 5 concurrent in-home streams (3 "TV Go" - out of home - streams).  You can view any currently streaming devices within Settings (looks like a gear icon) then click on "Manage Devices".

Is there a specific error you are getting on your wife's computer? Perhaps try a different browser and be sure that Flash is set to "Always run" for xfinity.com.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Streaming TV on a computer (at home)

Thanks for the response. 

Actually, we don't get any message on my wife's computer when she tries to stream TV.  Rather, the screen just shows the three dots lighting up over an over again, without resulting in an image.  We both use the same browser, so I don't think it has to do with Firefox. 

When I check setting in 'Manage Devices' it doesn't indicate that any devices are currently streaming. 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation