Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streaming Problems with Xfinity App...and small screen size on Roku

New Poster

Streaming Problems with Xfinity App...and small screen size on Roku

Here are a few problems I am having with my streaming xfinity experience with the xfinity stream app beta. Maybe this is a beta app and this is why we are seeing these problems but I hope comcast can resolve them soon!

1. When using a smart phone to watch content, the xfinity stream app, does not have the option to chromcast from the smart phone app. Other applications like netflix and hbonow all have the chromcast icon in the apps.

2. I also use ROKU on one of my TVs. I have the xfinity stream app loaded onto my ROKU and when I watch programming, I see a small screen with a black border. It is very annoying. I also saw a post from another user having the same problem. It does this for the majority of channels. I think only one of my HBO channels was normal but the rest of them had small screens with black borders.

3. Streaming TV, shows or movies from the xfinity stream app is sometimes choppy. When your streaming, you get momentary pauses infrequently. It happens whenever it wants to and very randomly. I wish comcast could look into fixing this so they can get efficient streams like there are with the HBO and netflix apps. I think part of the problem is probably the coding from the programmers or in the fact that comcast is taking HBO programming directly and using it in their own app. So comcast is acting like a intermediary whereas if a user was using the HBO app, you get a direct stream. I wish there was a way to log into the HBO app directly but we are not given that option.

New Poster

Re: Streaming Problems with Xfinity App...and small screen size on Roku

Wow - I have exactly the same issue. I called Xfinity and we looked at your forum. They are looking into it and hopefully they will provide a fix. By the way the HBO channel that works for me perfectly via the Xfinity Streaming app (without any borders)is 551. I get the same borders for HBO2 which is channel 553.

I also noticed that the picture quality while watching PBS via Roku natively is much better than if I watch PBS via the xfinity streaming app via Roku.

New Poster

Re: Streaming Problems with Xfinity App...and small screen size on Roku

550 works and 551 doesn't work - my apologies.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation