Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming, LiveChat, HBOGO have never worked

New Poster

Streaming, LiveChat, HBOGO have never worked

I am unable to access many features on xfinity's website. I am unable to manage my services/channels, access online TV, or authenticate with HBO GO. This issue has been present since I signed up with comcast years ago. I have tried multiple computers, browsers and internet connections over the years and never had success.

The error I receive while trying to watch TV online is: (Error xacsa.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: FatalDrmError)

I am supposed to have HBO included with my plan, however it has never been accessible.

Trying to access the Manage Plan area of the website I recieve "We're sorry. We were unable to complete your request."

Trying to get support through the live chat feature gets stuck on "Connecting to Chat" or "Zip Code required" on a screen with no options to enter a zip-code.

This issue persists across all browsers, all computers, all internet connections, whether it be my home connection, a mobile phone,  a hotspot or any other internet source. None of these issues are present on a family member's account. I have never had such a broken experience on any website. Attempting to contact support or use the website to solve the problems is frustrating to the point where I have just ignoring the features I have been paying for.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Official Employee

Re: Streaming, LiveChat, HBOGO have never worked

nicholastupy wrote:

I am unable to access many features on xfinity's website. I am unable to manage my services/channels, access online TV, or authenticate with HBO GO. This issue has been present since I signed up with comcast years ago. I have tried multiple computers, browsers and internet connections over the years and never had success.

The error I receive while trying to watch TV online is: (Error xacsa.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: FatalDrmError)

I am supposed to have HBO included with my plan, however it has never been accessible.

Trying to access the Manage Plan area of the website I recieve "We're sorry. We were unable to complete your request."

Trying to get support through the live chat feature gets stuck on "Connecting to Chat" or "Zip Code required" on a screen with no options to enter a zip-code.

This issue persists across all browsers, all computers, all internet connections, whether it be my home connection, a mobile phone,  a hotspot or any other internet source. None of these issues are present on a family member's account. I have never had such a broken experience on any website. Attempting to contact support or use the website to solve the problems is frustrating to the point where I have just ignoring the features I have been paying for.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. When I look up the email address you used to sign into the forum, I see that it is listed as the "primary" email for 2 different accounts (both in the same town/city). I'm not sure if you've moved at some point, have 2 homes, or manage an account for a family member at a different address. However, this is most certainly the source of your issues.

You have a couple choices on how to fix this: 1) call us at 800-XFINITY and speak with a representative to clear up our records (can't have the same login as primary on 2 accounts); or 2) create a new username for the account you are trying to access by visiting https://www.xfinity.com/getstarted

Hope this helps so we can get you enjoying the services you're paying for!  Please report back.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation