New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Streaming Live TV

ANSWERED
New Poster

Streaming Live TV

What happened to the Streaming Live TV channels?

Is this a temporary issue? What is the expected timeline to be operational?

DCounce

Accepted Solution

Re: Streaming Live TV

Hey guys...

Correct, there are some high level threads I posted in the main list of this Forum. It was not due to an update, we had a network issue that impacted all live streams on our TV Go platform.

We pulled everything down except the Disney family of channels that they host (All ESPN and Disney streams). 

More updates shortly...master post is here: 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/UPDATE-TV-Go-Web-and-Mobile-Live-Streams-are-coming-back-online/m-p/2220068#U2220068

Thanks Canuk...

Matt

View answer in context
Contributor

They are aware of the issue and are working on it. The channels (except for the ones left) were giving error codes so they had to pull them. I do know that they are planning (or said they are) to add like twice as many channels. Maybe they had an internal glitch during testing. Anyhow, there are a few threads around the forum on it with officiall answers. I wouldn't imagine the problem to be more than a day or two. A temp work around is if the channel you wanted to watch has an app it prob lets you log in with your account. For example im watching cnn live on the cnn app through my comcast login.

Good luck.

Regular Contributor

Hey guys...

Correct, there are some high level threads I posted in the main list of this Forum. It was not due to an update, we had a network issue that impacted all live streams on our TV Go platform.

We pulled everything down except the Disney family of channels that they host (All ESPN and Disney streams). 

More updates shortly...master post is here: 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/UPDATE-TV-Go-Web-and-Mobile-Live-Streams-are-coming-b...

Thanks Canuk...

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Time line for the channels to be back up?

Regular Contributor

As quickly as we can get  them back online...

I don't have a realistic ETA at this point, but I will update the primary Forums post every hour with updates as we are doing internally.

Appreciate the patience as our Engineering teams work on this high priority outage. 

Thanks,
Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

you suck comcst this has been out for over 12 hrs and you cant figure out what is going on or what? it started with livestreaming didnt work last night but you could still watch ondemand but now nothing work what are you doing? it seams like your going back wards I pay for this service and now I do have it and have not had it for quite some time are you going to pro-rate my bill I am sure you will not since that is the way your are if any extra charge you can charge me for you willl but when it comes to refunding the consumer you would just as soon take it to court. Comcast sucks I would go with Centery link if comcast didnt some how have exclusive rights to my city what ever happen to No Minaplisation of an industray.

Regular Contributor

We understand your frustration. Our teams have been working on this non-stop since it started and are working as quickly as possible to restore the problem. 

During the process, some other services were impacted temporarily but are starting to return. 

As for refunding any costs, that only occurs for services you are billed for. TV Go Web and Mobile are not services we charge for. In any event, feel free to private message me with any concerns and I'll be happy to assist the best way I can. 

Thanks for the continued patience, next update by 2:30pm EST

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon