Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Stream TV Not Working on Anything

New Poster

Stream TV Not Working on Anything

I signed up for a trial of Stream TV now that it is in Chicago but so far I have not been able to watch anything on any platform. On the Xfinity TV site viewed via a PC I get  "Unable to Retrieve Parental Controls" that has an error code of "(Error getParentalControlsNetworkMap / getParentalControlsNetworkMap.500: API Failure)". On mobile apps for my Android phone I a 500 error which is likely the same issue, and on iPad I get nothing at all and no error message.

My account is listed as having the service and I have checked the parental controls in case there was a setup step I missed but nothing.

PC: Windows 10, tried Chrome and Edge browsers

Phone: Nexus 6 with Android 6.0

Tablet: iPad 3 with iOS 9.0

Regular Visitor

Re: Stream TV Not Working on Anything

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue(s) as you. For me, no part of the Stream service is working. (Chicago market)

As an aside, using the generic name "Stream" for the service makes it very difficult to search for relevant posts 

\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Employee

Are you still seeing these errors when you try to watch Stream TV?  If so, are you trying to watch live TV from the guide, watch On Demand, or both?  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Has anyone had this issue resolved?  I am also in Chicago.

I'm getting the same error, and of the 10 people Comcast support kept tranferring me around to only two of them had even heard of Xfinity Stream TV, and the one person who knew anything about Stream TV didn't have training to help troubleshoot a problem such as this.

When Comcast is rolling out a new product in a test market they should provide a dedicated support number to call which is staffed with people who are specialized in the product.  If you call their regular support line no one knows what you are talking about, and almost everyone they keep transfering you to don't know what you are talking about either.

Firefox on OS X

StreamError_xsmall.png
Regular Visitor

To answer your question, I was able to get it working. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what did the trick. I was throwing an awful lot of spaghetti against the wall to see if anything stuck. 

I downloaded the mobile app and tried to set anything related to parental controls. I also tried messing with the parental controls on the XfinityTV web site. At some point it started working and has been working since 11/22 or around there.

Again, not super helpful, but at least you know it *can* work. I completely agree that there weren't nearly enough trained support people available...or, they're out there--somewhere--and I have no idea how to reach them. Frustrating.

-Tony 

Official Employee

Your account should be working now.  Please try logging back into xtv.comcast.net and let me know if you're still getting an error message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am having the same trouble, getting this error message:  Error api.getParentalControlsNetworkMap.500

Please help me resolve.

New Poster

I am still getting the same error message as above. I am attempting to watch from a computer that I use regularly and watched Xfinity Sream last night on same computer