New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Stream TV Not Subscribed Issue

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

So I recently subscribed to Comcast cable service... I've done this in the past and then I was able to watch TV through the Stream TV app or on my PC before the cable boxes had arrived. This time, however, I'm being told that I don't have a subscription.

I tried the Live Chat function, but that's completely worthless as it doesn't even work. I called and the person on the phone said I had to wait to get the cable boxes in for it to even function, which makes absolutely no sense. My phone doesn't have to connect to my home network at all let alone a cable box. I don't think he understood what I was trying to do.

I've seen several different, older issues like mine online about folks running into this issue, but I've never seen them actually resolved. Is there something else I need to do? Like I said, I've done this in the past where I ordered a cable package and was instantly able to use the Watch TV online function. Has a policy changed maybe?

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5

Mr1337Pants wrote:

So I recently subscribed to Comcast cable service... I've done this in the past and then I was able to watch TV through the Stream TV app or on my PC before the cable boxes had arrived. This time, however, I'm being told that I don't have a subscription.

I tried the Live Chat function, but that's completely worthless as it doesn't even work. I called and the person on the phone said I had to wait to get the cable boxes in for it to even function, which makes absolutely no sense. My phone doesn't have to connect to my home network at all let alone a cable box. I don't think he understood what I was trying to do.

I've seen several different, older issues like mine online about folks running into this issue, but I've never seen them actually resolved. Is there something else I need to do? Like I said, I've done this in the past where I ordered a cable package and was instantly able to use the Watch TV online function. Has a policy changed maybe?

Sorry you are having trouble. I looked up your account and it appears that you have entitlements to all the "TV Go" channels and On Demand in your package.  You may need to select the "Available out of home" filter to remove the in-home content which doesn't appear to be active yet on your account.  Please let me know if that doesn't work and I'll see if I can have an engineer look into your account further.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 5
Solution

Thanks for the response, Dan.

It looks like my TV service was removed from my account page. I'm not sure why that happened. It should still be there, shouldn't it?  I'm able to view some "On-Demand" content from the app now, but I'm still unsure as to why I can't watch live-programing that I'm paying for?  The NBA Playoffs are on, my man!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 5

Mr1337Pants wrote:

Thanks for the response, Dan.

It looks like my TV service was removed from my account page. I'm not sure why that happened. It should still be there, shouldn't it?  I'm able to view some "On-Demand" content from the app now, but I'm still unsure as to why I can't watch live-programing that I'm paying for?  The NBA Playoffs are on, my man!

I don't work in customer service so only have limited access to information on your account. I do see that you have an open work order for 4/25 but can't see what that's for. Is that to install you TV equipment?

At the risk of "getting into the weeds".... your channel lineup is determined once your set-top box is connected to our network "controller" (there are about 1,000 channel lineups in the country and they vary quite a bit). The On Demand content that you are able to watch, I suspect, is somewhat limited - mostly the latest episodes from a handful of networks. Once your TV service is activated, that will unlock more on demand and all your live TV. 

If you are truly being charged for TV during this time, you should call and request a credit (wish I could do that myself but, again, limited access). 

We're working to make access more "instant" for all content but the rights to deliver content is tied to having equipment in the home in most cases.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5