Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Stream TV? Explain to me what you were thinking!

New Poster

Stream TV? Explain to me what you were thinking!

Stream TV, sounds like a good idea right? Access to live TV for Internet people? $15/month? I did some home work. This actually sounded perfect. I don't watch live tv anymore. Who does? So, I called bumped my internet service up and started to ask questions about it with a lady at the call center. I kept saying Stream TV and she kept saying Streampix. I asked several times with no luck. So, I decided to get on-line to the website and messaged back and forth. I signed up. It was easy. They say you have access to LIVE TV over the internet. Then I tried to access CBS from the website. No luck, technical error. I waited, restarted everything and still no luck. So, here we go. Called a "technical rep" who knew NOTHING about the launch. She could not code it in her system. After being on hold for a while she reached out to someone she asked me to chat with another rep on-line. Three hours later since I started down this path I am without something Comcast say they offered but once again could not deliver. How hard is it to do a job with a company as large as Comcast! It's no wonder why they price everything high. The technical rep was not given any more information and I had to get off the phone before I vented any more frustration. Comcast, you are by far the WORST consumer based company on the planet. I cannot wait until someone like Google floods the market with their seemless internet and applications. From here on in, I am going to strive to tell everyone to avoid you and to never EVER take your "promotions" serious. I NEVER VENT like this, but, CONSUMER BEWARE! 

New Poster

Re: Stream TV? Explain to me what you were thinking!

I had a similar experience, I currently have Comcast internet and phone, as I no longer have a TV that works well, but I have a nice large screen on my desktop computer, Ipad, android phone, etc, so STREAM TV seemed like a perfect solution.  The customer service rep had no idea what I was talking about, forwarded me to the APPS department, which was useless.

The service is apparently available in "some parts" of New Hampshire but no one can tell me if that includes me.

What's the deal, and why don't your reps know anything?

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation