Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Steam TV app with DVR recordings skipping or not loading online.

New Poster

Steam TV app with DVR recordings skipping or not loading online.

Am I the only one having issues with stream tv app and DVR playback on a mobile device? DVR  recordings seem to skip ahead and miss much of the recordings, or now just do not load. It has gotten so bad that I have giveen up on the app. The app worked fine until about 6 months ago and this started. At the next update the skipping and stalling started. Ugh!

New Poster

Re: Steam TV app with DVR recordings skipping or not loading online.

I have the same issue when trying to watch DVR recorded programs.  Half the time they won't play.  If they do play, they skip around so much I don't even get to watch half the program.  WHAT IS GOING ON??? COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

New Poster

I’m having same problem, started this week. So far they have tried to blame it on signal issues.
New Poster

Same issue here. Just noticed it last night for the first time on the app. Also happening today when I tried streaming from the Xfinity streaming website.

New Poster

Same thing is happening to me...programs relentlessly skip ahead and freeze while streaming on app, and they continue to do so when playing back from a download. I’ve only noticed this over the past few days. Has anyone found a resolution to this??
Frequent Visitor

Count me in as well.  Yesterday, downloads on the streaming app were OK, only a few skips.  Downloaded and tried to watch NCIS New Orleans today - seemed to consistently skip ~ 3 minutes for every 3 minutes played.  Did the same thing when I returned it and tried to stream the recording through WiFi.  Was reading an forum string describing the same problem, which Comcast said was in the Twin Cities & Detroit areas.  Thought to myself - that’s the same problem I’m having.  Turns out the forum string started in early 2016 and ended in early 2017.  It’s now 2018 and the problem still isn’t fixed?????  Come on Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

I'm another with this exact issue.  I can watch what I DVR with no problem from my X1 box in my living room, but if I try to watch shows using the Stream app or online through the website, it just randomly jumps ahead and cuts out entire sections of the shows. This has happened with multiple shows I've tried to watch.  Very irritating to have this app that can be used to watch shows "away from your DVR" but not actually be able to watch them unless I want to miss half of the episode.

Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

+1 I also see skipping on my DVR recordings in the stream app. Playback on X1 box itself is fine, just the stream app does this, even if I “download to device”. I find it ridiculous that no Comcast rep has said anything on this thread yet.