Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Starz

New Poster

Starz

Why do I pay for starz and I can’t stream the channel? I thought Xfinity was suppose to be the best? 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Starz

Waldo1122 wrote:

Why do I pay for starz and I can’t stream the channel? I thought Xfinity was suppose to be the best? 

How are you trying to stream starz? It should be availabe using xf stream website or app. If your trying to use the starz app, thats no longer possible;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/When-will-Xfinity-work-with-the-Starz-App/td-p/...

New Poster

I just signed up for a $240 a month cable/internet/phone subscription at my vacation home and $60 a month at my apartment I lease with Xfinity. If this doesn't get fixed within the 30 day 'buyers remorse' window, I will definnitely have no problem switching to Uverse.

New Poster

Xfinity Stream only works if you are on your home network. This defeats the purpose of streaming while away from home.

Bronze Problem Solver

@wrote:

Xfinity Stream only works if you are on your home network. This defeats the purpose of streaming while away from home.

Not true, XF doesn't have a deal with starz to let customers watch away from home, there are other networks that you can watch away from home.

Frequent Visitor

Actually, the issue with the Roku Starz on Xfinity channel (and the Android and IOS apps) is that Starz has intentionally used the same app for both "TV everywhere" (subscribers to Starz via their cable tv plan) and "over the top" (customers who by Starz a la carte directly from Starz).  Comcast disagrees with the concept and refuses to authenticate their Starz-entitled subscribers when the app or channel requests it.  All of the other significant cable providers in the US provide such authentication.

HBO has avoided the standoff with Comcast by using different apps for OTT and TVE subscribers.

Frequent Visitor

This is so disappointing.