Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Starz series "Power" not available on demand free with Starz subscription

Bronze Problem Solver

Starz series "Power" not available on demand free with Starz subscription

Starz series "Power" S2 Ep 3, 5, 6, 9, & 10 are not available on demand free with Starz subscription. Other episodes are. On website these episodes are only available as TV-Go option, using the on tv guide, these episodes are only available as pay and not free with subscription.

Official Employee

Re: Starz series "Power" not available on demand free with Starz subscription

mvenanzi wrote:

Starz series "Power" S2 Ep 3, 5, 6, 9, & 10 are not available on demand free with Starz subscription. Other episodes are. On website these episodes are only available as TV-Go option, using the on tv guide, these episodes are only available as pay and not free with subscription.

The rights to show content in-home are separate from the TV Go (anywhere) rights. Programmers determine which shows and episodes they make available and in which way (On Demand and/or TV Go). Premium networks typically have very good converage for both so I'm a bit surprised. Sometimes it is the show's production company (not the network) that has the ultimate control. I'll see if I can get more information on Power from the Content team. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

The rights to show content in-home are separate from the TV Go (anywhere) rights. Programmers determine which shows and episodes they make available and in which way (On Demand and/or TV Go). Premium networks typically have very good converage for both so I'm a bit surprised. Sometimes it is the show's production company (not the network) that has the ultimate control. I'll see if I can get more information on Power from the Content team. 

I understand, it just doesn't make sense that a few episodes are are available for out of home free while in home I would have to pay extra for the same episodes.

Problem Solver

The episodes are available on the "Ultra HD Sampler" for people with a Samsung UHD tv.

In the end it's what the programers have set up for any particular app, ON Demand cable or internet version, etc. Things can change on a day to day basis. People can make mistakes when making changes.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation