New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Starz on Roku?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 30

What happened to the ability to watch Encore on Roku, with the nice statement that I can still watch the Encore movies on Starz, but I can't get Starz on my Roku, because Xfinity is not one of the approved providers.  And, oh by the way, I pay for Starz on my Comcast account as well.  

Come on Comcast, quit bragging about being the best and then not supporting channels like this when every other cable company in the country does.

29 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 30
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 30

I'm having the same problem! It was working for a while but now it won't!

Posted by
Admin1

Message 4 of 30

mike1sc & blmcdowell -- It was announced in April that we will be launching a partnership App with Roku that will allow you to watch your channels on your Roku device. The app is expected to be launched later this year. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 30
How much later this year?
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 6 of 30

Exactly... so tired of all the hype!  Counting the days to GF!

Posted by
New Poster
Message 7 of 30
Did you find out anything I can't watch it either .. so awful .. comcast xfinity cost to much for this bull
Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 30

So, let me get this straight. First Starz subscribers couldn't access their account thru Roku, then they could for about a month (yeah!). then access was taken away (boo) because at some point (which is not any time in the near future) you are going to give access again?

Why not just allow access to Comcast Starz subscribers thru Roku until your app is ready for launch? It makes no sense to me why you would grant access for a month, then take it away, when you give no other alternative to access the content I'm already paying for. I no have absolutely NO REASON to keep my Starz subscription through Comcast, as I can only access it on one tv in my house -- not the other 2 where I have Roku. Time to cancel all of these 'extra' channels I've been paying for thru Comcast & pay directly from Starz, HBO, etc -- where my apps will actually work! What a concept!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 30

That's what I have to do. I pay for Starz through Amazon now.

I am tired of Comcast constantly changing the rules and forcing limitations that no other providers seem to have. It seems like a very ridiculous move to not allow premium programming and other programming like HGTV, most of Comedy Central, etc. on Roku when noone else is doing it.  Aren't they losing money and/or losing their subscriber base? I cut the cord when i moved because I was so sick of dealing with them. I signed up for internet only (with Comcast because there is no other choice in my area) and have watched that bill go up almost 200% in 2 years. Now they won't allow people to drop Cable TV and keep only Internet. Unbelievable! If they treated their customers better they wouldn't have to worry about everyone cutting the cord.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 30

This is a bunch of garbage!  I pay a fortune for these channels and am able to use roku when I travel.  Comcast/xfinity needs to get onboard, enter the 21st century, and let its customers access the channels we pay for.  Unlike others on here, I am stuck with comcast/xfinity as there are no other options in my area.  Comcast/xfinity you do this same garbage with the NFL services I buy.  Cut this garbage out and give us the customer service we deserve!  I don't want to use your app, I want to use my roku and access my services!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 11 of 30

Why is it that Comcast indicates this issue is resolved?  Come on Comcast, for all the people who have complained about not being able to get Starz on their Rokus, and because a response was given that "sometime in the future" a roku app would be released, Comcast thinks this is resolved?  That is like me telling Comcast that I am going to pay my bill "sometime in the future".  Would Comcast think that was resolved? I am sure it would....right.....

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 12 of 30

Well said.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 13 of 30

You see, this is the type of counter producive management that ticks off your customer base.

Yes, very groovy, you will have the partner app coming soon.

There is no way you can convince me that it was abosolutely necessary to get rid of the ability for customers to use another app

so far in advance of the new app.

There isn't even a release date, just a TBA. so until Comcast decides to release it, the announcement that it is coming is just a sugar pill.

So at this time TV GO is gone, with no direct replacement (XTV doens't have the same features) and now Premium Channels we pay for can no longer be

accessed from our other devices unless we buy "ANOTHER" subscription for a stand alone version of the channel.

Why?  according to Comcast it is because "Eventually" this great new Partneship App will be launched. (Someday)

Yeah, as a relatively new Comcast Customer, I am pretty bitter and dissolutioned.
It makes it worse, that the feature was there one day and gone the next, no time to work out a way to compensate for the loss of the features.

So, in my conversations so far, I have been talked down to, hung up on, placated by discounts for my trouble, assured that a fix was coming and told that it is just a matter of time.

Great.  How much time.  Can ANYONE actually post a release date?
Does anyone know?  or is it some big corporate secret that will result in mass firings and law suits if someone leaks that release date of an app that will allow customers more viewing options and make them happy?

Is it necessary to draw this kind of attention from customers?  I'll tell you this.

Once it is released, I am sure there ill be some that will praise Comcast for their inginuity.

However, my only reaction will be "About d.a.m.n.e.d. Time" and I will be watching to see if I will eventually get inconveienced again with no recourse.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 30

and just an after thought.

Golly, mr censor, don't you think you could loosen up the bad word filter a little?

it's really gosh darned annoying that it is so gee willikers strict.

I'm all for limiting profanity, but really?

D...A...M...N

and H...E...L...L

isn't that just a tad perochial?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 15 of 30

dreichlin411 wrote:

and just an after thought.

Golly, mr censor, don't you think you could loosen up the bad word filter a little?

it's really gosh darned annoying that it is so gee willikers strict.

I'm all for limiting profanity, but really?

D...A...M...N

and H...E...L...L

isn't that just a tad perochial?

Personally, I like the nannie filter.  4-letter words do not belong in these forums.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 16 of 30

Here it is December and still can't watch Starz through my Roku TV.  This is very upsetting.  I purchased that TV so I can watch content while working out.  I can watch HBO plus other stations on my Roku TV using my Comcast subscription, so why not Starz?  Comcast's reply is not valid and they need to resolve it.  Customers should have a choice.  I will be canceling my Starz subscription with Comcast and paying for it through Amazon or I just may switch to Frontier because I know I can watch Starz using a Frontier account!  $250/month Comcast - get a clue...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 17 of 30

I am trying to stream STARZ, as I have done in the past, using my Roku. In order to do so, I have to go to activate.starz.com and enter a code. Standard stuff. 

The only problem is that when I go to that URL, I need to sign into Comcast, and Comcast is no longer listed as one of the cable companies that allows me to  sign in and activate so I can stream STARZ.

After doing some googling, I find that something has gone wrong between Comcast and STARZ and even though a Comcast customer might pay for a package that  includes STARZ, we can no longer stream  The theservice the way We can stream HBO and Showtime.

Are you going to fix this, Comcast?  

I noticed that the  Verizon FiOS  is there in the list!  Why isn't Comcast?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 18 of 30

I have the exact same problem.  And I have had it with Comcast.  They are unwilling to take any action.  Time ot go to Vios of ATT.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 19 of 30
Still a year later and no statz on roku. You can do everyother channel WHY NOT Starz?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 20 of 30

It's 7/3/2017 and I'm still waiting............

Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 30

I didnt know this was an issue until 2 weeks ago when I nolonger could access STAR Play on my Samsung Smart TV. This is ridiculous so still waiting on the new app to happen.  I refuse to pay for another service when I'm already paying a monthly subscription with Comcast/Xfinity and it's not cheap.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 22 of 30

It's 7/23/17 Me too...smh

Posted by
New Poster

Message 23 of 30
The app is out. It works pretty well. Same as it does on your phone.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 24 of 30

I agree I lost the Starz Play at about the same time.  I probably should say this but I still get HBOGO. 

Why the discrimination?

Most Cable providers allow Starz Play.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 25 of 30
Comcast does not like that the star app offers cable free access. In they're greed and ineptitude, they feel the logical solution is to force people to buy a cable box, or b. Watch stars in 720p compressed via Comcast streaming via their app. Comcast is profit 1st, consumer 2nd. Issues like this prove that. They are now the only cable company in the nation blocking access to this app
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 26 of 30
No, it's not out yet and paying Stars subscribers cannot view stars content.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 27 of 30

screenname75 wrote:
No, it's not out yet and paying Stars subscribers cannot view stars content.

Comcast has released a roku app as a beta release. If you have a compatible roku, you can watch all of your channels.

Info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/x1/appsonx1/?collectionId=363c96e6-ca4e-4e1e-b0b4-6e9718660143-6

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 28 of 30
You have to pay for the beta after the trial period which is BS. I pay $200 a month for what I have which is no problem but I won't pay for channels that I already get. I don't have to pay for them on my phone
Posted by
New Poster

Message 29 of 30
Yeah, I just cancelled my Starz subscription through Xfinity and picked up the Starz App. One access code later and I can watch Starz on all my devices. Seriously not a bot just a person that wanted to watch Starz on my Xbox. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes Xfinity.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 30 of 30

Even with the Comcast/Xfinity app it will not work.  You can't access that app unless you are at home.  When you travel or are a snowbird you cannot access your networks remotely.  Solution is to buy it direct or to buy it from another provider.  I have Charter/Spectrum also may may give them the business for Starz.