Starz activation code for roku

New Poster

Starz activation code for roku

What do I do next
Official Employee

Re: Starz activation code for roku

Meljobrown wrote:
What do I do next

I'm not sure what your question is but you can install the Stream app for Roku from here:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/123132/xfinity-tv-beta

It will allow you to access all your live and on demand content while connected to your in-home XFINITY network.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

If you have an older model like I do and the xfinity beta channel doesn't show in your channel options even though it says it's installed it might not work unless you have one of the below models.

I found this on the xfinity site:

Initially, the XFINITY Stream Beta app will only be available for use on the following Roku players: Ultra (4640), Premiere (4630), Premiere (4620), Express (3710), Express (3700, 3710), Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range), Streaming Stick (3600), Roku 4 (4400), Roku 3 (4200, 4230), Roku 2 (4210). The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices. Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5.

I'm hoping that the initially is meaning that in time us with older models can eventually be able to access the xfinity stream.

Regular Contributor

heidivargas wrote:I'm hoping that the initially is meaning that in time us with older models can eventually be able to access the xfinity stream.

The Stream Beta app for Roku shows up in the app search on all of my older Rokus, but installing it fails.

I've finally given up the app.

Contributor

As a comcast subscriber, you are unable to use the Starz app on Roku.

There's a silly ongoing issue between Starz and Comcast since around April of last year, when Starz updated their app and Comcast decided to deny us access to it. Kinda like how Disney refuses sell their movies on Amazon until a couple of months have passed.

New Poster

Xfinity
New Poster

Unfortunately, even if you have the newer Roku, like my daughter in college, you cannot use the Xfinity App if you are on an Xfinity network that is not the one with the STARZ subscription.  Just end this childish feud with STARZ.  We pay for this channel, how dare you as the company we pay decide that we can't use what they provide.  Another reason to switch from Xfinity.

New Poster

the xfinity stream beta app which the xfinity employee suggests does include starz if you subscribe; BUT may as well NOT. Streaming on demand programming from starz is so LOW in quality, it literally is blurry.  Other channels do not have this problem. I can only watch starz on actual tv with xfinity receiver. This has caused me to watch Starz very little and I'm done paying for it.  The starz streaming problem has existed for a couple years now, back when the Starz app stopped allowing xfinity customers to authenticate. I was excited when the stream beta app was released, but it is not genuinely starz streaming. It is an unacceptable level of poor quality, apparently extreme compression based on the consistently lossy results. I can live without Starz. With amazon and netflix and hulu, I look forward to giving my business to those providers who deliver the actual service i pay them for. Comcast is as guilty as Starz for not addressing this, and after this much time, it should be resolved. Money talks - boycott Starz and while xfinity has us in monopoly like grasp, a way to make yourself heard is via customer satisfaction surveys. be heard!

New Poster

Cancel starz with comcast and go through amazon.
New Poster

M2TF
New Poster

I have the straz stream app on my roku along with hbo now, showtime, and Cinemax stream apps. I am paying for all these channels with myxfinity account. I can activate all the above stated except Starz. When I try to activate Starz there is NO Comcast or XFINITY for a service provider. Please fix this as I’m paying for this feature to stream wherever I want.