New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Starz Play and SHO Anytime

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Starz Play and SHO Anytime

Is there a rough timeframe when the Starz Play and SHO Anytime apps will go live with Comcast?  I enjoy using HBO and Max Go but would like to use the others.  I know I can use the Xfinity app but there's just something more about pushing the proprietary apps.

Accepted Solution

Re: Starz Play and SHO Anytime

Looks like the Showtime Anytime app for iOS was just updated today (4/11/2013) to version 1.4 which adds support for Comcast XFINITY customers: http://9to5mac.com/2013/04/11/showtime-anytime-ios-app-updated-with-support-for-comcast-xfinity-subscribers-iphone-5-ios-6/

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

barkums wrote:

Is there a rough timeframe when the Starz Play and SHO Anytime apps will go live with Comcast?  I enjoy using HBO and Max Go but would like to use the others.  I know I can use the Xfinity app but there's just something more about pushing the proprietary apps.

The Showtime Anytime app will be released in the near future but there is no launch date as of yet.

As for Starz Play, I have no word on that development yet but I will try to get some more information and pass it along.

I will update this thread for any updates about this topic.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe. I look forward to your reply.
Problem Solver

Looks like the Showtime Anytime app for iOS was just updated today (4/11/2013) to version 1.4 which adds support for Comcast XFINITY customers: http://9to5mac.com/2013/04/11/showtime-anytime-ios-app-updated-with-support-for-comcast-xfinity-subs...

Frequent Visitor

Outstanding! Thanks for the heads up! Works like a charm!
New Poster

Showtime was added but NOT Starz for Xfinity users.  Any timeframe for that?  Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: Starz Play and SHO Anytimel am

I am looking for Starz Play on Android. I have the App, but on the sign on screen Comcast is not listed. All the other providers are listed. When will Starz Play sign in be offered by Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

I am looking for Starz Play on Android. I have the App, but on the sign on screen Comcast is not listed. All the other providers are listed. When will Starz Play sign in be offered by Comcast?

New Poster

Is anyone from Comcast EVER going to respond to this request?  Seriously, how hard is it to provide an anticipated date as to when this will become available.  Does anyone even bother to read this blog anymore?  You are being left out, as well as your customers, as all other cable providers have already signed up..

Frequent Visitor

Patience, dude. Give them a little time. There are a ton of threads the techs look through. I'm sure they don't have all the time in the world to get to ALL the threads AND answer tech calls too. They got to me pretty quickly about SHO anywhere.
New Poster

I think over six weeks with no response does show patience barkums (dude).  Oh and I am a dudette :-)

Frequent Visitor

My apologies. I work for another cable company and it strikes a nerve when people get angry/belligerent right off-the-bat about things. But like I said previous, I'm sure they are still working on it, but it's not a number one priority.
New Poster

Thanks for that but again all other cable companies (including Time Warner) are onboard with this and I find it strange that a cable company as big as Comcast wouldn't one to be up front and center with their perks, of which this one is.  I think even if they gave a projected date I would be happy but it is like my request is just lost in a sea of others.  Oh well, I'll keep hoping they are least do the customer support thing and just give me a reply.  That is all I ask.

Official Employee

This is more a customer to customer forum than a customer service forum, it may be awhile

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Joe buddy... The wait is ridiculous!
Tags (1)
New Poster

Stars can be watched using the Xfinity tv player. Just found this out. U may already know this but better late than never.
New Poster

Stars can be watched using the Xfinity tv player. Just found this out. U may already know this but better late than never.
New Poster

Why can't I access Starz Play app with Comcast. I enjoy using HBO GO and Showtime Anytime. I know xfinity app can be used but sometimes I prefer using these other apps.
New Poster

understandable that this is occuring. However some people like myself like to hook their itouch or phone up to a television set to view their shows. However the Xfinity app doesn't allow this and it is extremely fusterating. I understand that I can view it on my computer as well, but not all users have the equipment to hook a computer to their television set for a larger screen for more of a family viewing atmosphere on the go. It is understand that this may be a minority, but it still aggrivating in the eyes of those customers

New Poster

Cwga - that's true... but they don't have all the shows available.  I was looking for S2 of Spartacus - Gods of the Arena (the prequel season) and it is not available on the Xfinity tv player, only available on Starz Play.