New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Starz App

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 251 of 274 (3,406 Views)

Re: Starz App

The latest example is the new AppleTV TV app, where Comcast is not a listed provider - as usual. 

Comcast, you should be ashamed. You are holding thousands of your customers, who are also owners of Apple TVs, hostage to your own political games and greed... AND your responses in this forum are unhelpful and arrogant.

Unfortunately, I am still a Comcast customer, but this will change as soon as I can get out of my contract - UNLESS you come up with solutions for the authentication of all the Apple TV apps that your competitors have no problems supporting.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 252 of 274 (3,242 Views)

BOOOOOOOOOO! 

Every time I download one of these channel apps XFINITY/COMCAST is never there. I just downloaded COMEDY CENTRAL APP the other day and no XFINITY/COMCAST. 

DISH! is always there. Maybe its time for me to join a service that is with the times and understands that alignment with apps like these are the future. Trying to push us to their lesser and crappier version never goes well for Customer Morale. 

"Sorry sir we don't sell Cabbage patch kids here, but we do have these lovely Turnip Patch Kids, I'm sure your childern won't even no the difference."

It's a bitter pill to swallow. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 253 of 274 (2,987 Views)

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filter]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 254 of 274 (3,089 Views)

I still have to use comcast for internet, but cancelled my TV subscription and went with Directv now. I have Starz via Amazon now as well.

You know what Xfinity did because I cancelled the TV service? They increased the cost of my internet.

It seems all Comcast knows how to do is add injury to insult.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 255 of 274 (3,001 Views)

@White-Pine Or more accurately, "Refused" instead of "Solved".

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 256 of 274 (2,848 Views)

Except the STARZ app allowed airplay and Apple TV app support on big screen viewing the xfinty tv app does not. If you want any Comcast content on the big screen of your tv you need to pay them to have another set top box each month to connect it. This is not a glitch Comcast is intentionally not allowing these apps to authenticate because they would allow viewers to pay for a single tv but watch shows on multiple tvs without renting another set top box. Nickel and I'd,e customers for every little thing is only going to make them look for options to drop Comcast al together. Comcast's protectionism and greed will back fire on them? How about try keeping customers by actually offering a better value instead your driving them away

Posted by
Visitor

Message 257 of 274 (2,638 Views)

I want to be able to stream from my xbox, why is it that it is not provided on the app considering I pay a rediculous amount of money for my xfinity subscription?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 258 of 274 (2,604 Views)

Thomcajj said:

"...why is it that it is not provided on the app considering I pay a rediculous amount of money for my xfinity subscription?"

...errr.... maybe because Comcast is very greedy? No... it couldn't be that. (sarc)

Posted by
Visitor

Message 259 of 274 (2,314 Views)

Well that's great. But it doesn't help us with Apple TV... especially since Xfinity doesn't offer an appleTV app. All the other services work for other TV providers - I guess I'll have to switch to them. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 260 of 274 (2,010 Views)

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION
Posted by
Visitor

Message 261 of 274 (1,885 Views)

Starz app allows chromecast but xfinity wont. Is there a way to allow it for starz programming?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 262 of 274 (1,883 Views)

Starz allows mirroring via chromecast xfinity does not. This is not a solution
Posted by
Visitor

Message 263 of 274 (1,683 Views)

This is certainly not solved. While the xfinity app may be an option on some devices, its not available on all devices. In my case, xbox one, which is the only way I can stream video at home and now despite paying for the service, I can't watch starz. Thank you xfinity, once again, for your genius.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 264 of 274 (1,660 Views)

Comcast is worse and worse the more I stay with them. They give me free starz as compensation for a major issue. And don't bother to tell me I can't watch it on Roku because they don't validate starz. And the Roku beta app being a disaster so far it's impossible to watch on your app and you won't validate the stars app (Wich is seamless by the way) looks like charter for me since Xfinity can't get things together with Roku been in the works for over a year and is junk and you won't validate a premium channels great app! Give me a break. If you didn't have a near monopoly in certain areas of the country you would have been out of business around ten years ago!Very upset very salty. Feeling cheated big time.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 265 of 274 (1,644 Views)

Mdm1369 said..."If you didn't have a near monopoly in certain areas of the country you would have been out of business around ten years ago!" - That about sums it up!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 266 of 274 (1,363 Views)

Yet ANOTHER update to the STARZ app without authentication enabled. I think we're all going to have to accept the fact that we aren't going to get acces to the STARZ app through Comcast as paying customers. Period. I guess that's the way paying customers are going to be treated. And the softening of the wound-making the Xfinity app compatible with some of the streaming devices- seems to be something in which they likewise have no interest. I have never imagine customer service this terrible, but here it is.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 267 of 274 (952 Views)

This is terrible! I want to stream start on my ruko in my bed room can do that nor use a chromecast with that app I am paying for start though comcast I should be able to stream it where ever not pay 12$ more for another box comcast your greedy girmy
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 268 of 274 (917 Views)

Podvorec6 said: "This is terrible! I want to stream start on my ruko in my bed room can do that nor use a chromecast with that app I am paying for start though comcast I should be able to stream it where ever not pay 12$ more for another box comcast your greedy girmy." ___Welcome to Comcast list of "deplorable" customers.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 269 of 274 (810 Views)

There's even a beta xfinity app for Roku now, but it only works on the home wifi network, so it's useless to me relatives.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 270 of 274 (788 Views)

Where can I find this beta version?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 271 of 274 (671 Views)

Dear Comcast,

This does not help any of us who would like to watch Starz on the XBox One because you do not offer an Xfinity app on the XBox One!!!  So I have no access at all to Starz from my xbox one

Please fix this  Smiley Sad

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 272 of 274 (653 Views)

Fuhkc0mcass wrote:
Where can I find this beta version?

You can search the Roku Channel Store for "XFINITY".

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/123132/xfinity-tv-beta

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
Message 273 of 274 (499 Views)

That's a "solution"?  .....got a dictionary handy?  

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 274 of 274 (219 Views)

Since the Starz content that we pay for is only avialable now on the Comcast Streaming app, please add Chromecast capibility to the Streaming app so that it can be viewed as it was before.  Thank you.