New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Starz App

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 251 of 285

The latest example is the new AppleTV TV app, where Comcast is not a listed provider - as usual. 

Comcast, you should be ashamed. You are holding thousands of your customers, who are also owners of Apple TVs, hostage to your own political games and greed... AND your responses in this forum are unhelpful and arrogant.

Unfortunately, I am still a Comcast customer, but this will change as soon as I can get out of my contract - UNLESS you come up with solutions for the authentication of all the Apple TV apps that your competitors have no problems supporting.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 252 of 285

BOOOOOOOOOO! 

Every time I download one of these channel apps XFINITY/COMCAST is never there. I just downloaded COMEDY CENTRAL APP the other day and no XFINITY/COMCAST. 

DISH! is always there. Maybe its time for me to join a service that is with the times and understands that alignment with apps like these are the future. Trying to push us to their lesser and crappier version never goes well for Customer Morale. 

"Sorry sir we don't sell Cabbage patch kids here, but we do have these lovely Turnip Patch Kids, I'm sure your childern won't even no the difference."

It's a bitter pill to swallow. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 253 of 285

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filter]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 254 of 285

I still have to use comcast for internet, but cancelled my TV subscription and went with Directv now. I have Starz via Amazon now as well.

You know what Xfinity did because I cancelled the TV service? They increased the cost of my internet.

It seems all Comcast knows how to do is add injury to insult.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 255 of 285

@White-Pine Or more accurately, "Refused" instead of "Solved".

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 256 of 285

Except the STARZ app allowed airplay and Apple TV app support on big screen viewing the xfinty tv app does not. If you want any Comcast content on the big screen of your tv you need to pay them to have another set top box each month to connect it. This is not a glitch Comcast is intentionally not allowing these apps to authenticate because they would allow viewers to pay for a single tv but watch shows on multiple tvs without renting another set top box. Nickel and I'd,e customers for every little thing is only going to make them look for options to drop Comcast al together. Comcast's protectionism and greed will back fire on them? How about try keeping customers by actually offering a better value instead your driving them away

Posted by
New Poster

Message 257 of 285

I want to be able to stream from my xbox, why is it that it is not provided on the app considering I pay a rediculous amount of money for my xfinity subscription?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 258 of 285

Thomcajj said:

"...why is it that it is not provided on the app considering I pay a rediculous amount of money for my xfinity subscription?"

...errr.... maybe because Comcast is very greedy? No... it couldn't be that. (sarc)

Posted by
New Poster

Message 259 of 285

Well that's great. But it doesn't help us with Apple TV... especially since Xfinity doesn't offer an appleTV app. All the other services work for other TV providers - I guess I'll have to switch to them. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 260 of 285
THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION
Posted by
New Poster

Message 261 of 285
Starz app allows chromecast but xfinity wont. Is there a way to allow it for starz programming?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 262 of 285
Starz allows mirroring via chromecast xfinity does not. This is not a solution
Posted by
New Poster

Message 263 of 285
This is certainly not solved. While the xfinity app may be an option on some devices, its not available on all devices. In my case, xbox one, which is the only way I can stream video at home and now despite paying for the service, I can't watch starz. Thank you xfinity, once again, for your genius.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 264 of 285

Comcast is worse and worse the more I stay with them. They give me free starz as compensation for a major issue. And don't bother to tell me I can't watch it on Roku because they don't validate starz. And the Roku beta app being a disaster so far it's impossible to watch on your app and you won't validate the stars app (Wich is seamless by the way) looks like charter for me since Xfinity can't get things together with Roku been in the works for over a year and is junk and you won't validate a premium channels great app! Give me a break. If you didn't have a near monopoly in certain areas of the country you would have been out of business around ten years ago!Very upset very salty. Feeling cheated big time.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 265 of 285
Mdm1369 said..."If you didn't have a near monopoly in certain areas of the country you would have been out of business around ten years ago!" - That about sums it up!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 266 of 285
Yet ANOTHER update to the STARZ app without authentication enabled. I think we're all going to have to accept the fact that we aren't going to get acces to the STARZ app through Comcast as paying customers. Period. I guess that's the way paying customers are going to be treated. And the softening of the wound-making the Xfinity app compatible with some of the streaming devices- seems to be something in which they likewise have no interest. I have never imagine customer service this terrible, but here it is.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 267 of 285
This is terrible! I want to stream start on my ruko in my bed room can do that nor use a chromecast with that app I am paying for start though comcast I should be able to stream it where ever not pay 12$ more for another box comcast your greedy girmy
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 268 of 285
Podvorec6 said: "This is terrible! I want to stream start on my ruko in my bed room can do that nor use a chromecast with that app I am paying for start though comcast I should be able to stream it where ever not pay 12$ more for another box comcast your greedy girmy." ___Welcome to Comcast list of "deplorable" customers.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 269 of 285
There's even a beta xfinity app for Roku now, but it only works on the home wifi network, so it's useless to me relatives.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 270 of 285
Where can I find this beta version?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 271 of 285

Dear Comcast,

This does not help any of us who would like to watch Starz on the XBox One because you do not offer an Xfinity app on the XBox One!!!  So I have no access at all to Starz from my xbox one

Please fix this  Smiley Sad

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 272 of 285

Fuhkc0mcass wrote:
Where can I find this beta version?

You can search the Roku Channel Store for "XFINITY".

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/123132/xfinity-tv-beta

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 273 of 285

That's a "solution"?  .....got a dictionary handy?  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 274 of 285

Since the Starz content that we pay for is only avialable now on the Comcast Streaming app, please add Chromecast capibility to the Streaming app so that it can be viewed as it was before.  Thank you.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 275 of 285
Apparently this isn't something Comcast cares in the slightest about, and has no interest in fixing for their loyal paying customers. At least an ETA would be something. This is probably the worst customer service I've ever seen, and I've worked retail for over a decade.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 276 of 285
How about for fire TV, or Chromecast, etc. ? The Xfinity app is not available for most streaming device or smart TVs, yet the stars app is but Comcast customer.ers can't use these. Verizon FiOS has been moving in on the east coast . Id be doing a better job catering to your customers at this point.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 277 of 285

That's all fine and good, but what about those of us who are on a device (e.g. Amazon FireTV) that doesn't have a Comcast/Xfinity app available?  I used to use the Starz App and authenticate through Comcast, but now that option is gone.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 278 of 285

Comcast / xfinity will not honor its obligation to subscribers of StarZ since the new app. Why? Who knows. Comcast has made itself known as caring less about their customer than providing honest and decent service. Other providers of which there are many have made it easy to use this new app. I guess Comcast likes thumbing their knows at their subscribers because they have a monopoly . 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 279 of 285
I bet a bunch of STARZ subscribers are going to miss their chance to watch American Gods. This is really disgraceful.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 280 of 285

Well then, create an app for Apple TV, fire tv, etc. this is stupid

Posted by
New Poster

Message 281 of 285

Well then xfinity, create an app for fire tv, Rocky' Apple TV, etc. not authenticating is silly

Posted by
New Poster

Message 282 of 285

You can only watch this from home on xfinity? I am not even able to get the american gods page to load on tv.xfinity.com. So it's frustrating to not be able to access the show from Starz's app since your guys's website wont let me watch it there. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 283 of 285
It looks like this is a permanent state of affairs they have no interest whatsoever in fixing.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 284 of 285

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed by this policy decision.  I am a loyal Comcast customer, and have been faithfully paying for your services for more than ten years now at my current home.  I can say with all honesty I truly value the services you offer, they are improving all the time, and are exponentially better and fuller featured than any cable TV, internet, and phone provider I have ever had in my life.

That being said, your company's refusal to authenticate subscriptions that you offer and accept money from your subscribers for, is bogglingly closeminded and short sighted.  As you may see from reading the posts in this thread, you are driving your own customers away by frustating them in this regard, as Starz offers an incentive to unbundle from your service packages by charging less than your monthly fee for their product.  

I find extreme value in and take great enjoyment in using the Xfinity Stream app.  It also improves all the time, and I love it.  But I like so many others, enjoy having options.  You authenticate through other apps, HBO Go and Max Go, for example.  Please work out whatever you need to in order to make this happen for your loyal customers that want to use the dedicated app to watch their Starz content.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 285 of 285

Hello All, I show that we have addressed this conversation on another thread. All Starz, Encore, and Movieplex content can be viewed on the XFINITY TV App or at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ . At this time we will not be authenticating on the Starz app. If you are having issues with connecting to Starz content through our app or website please send me a private message with your full address by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon