New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Starz App

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 201 of 285
Sure, we can use the Xfinity app but they don't offer casting to other devices. I'm not going to watch a movie on my phone, I want to be able to cast it like the Starz app allows. If Xfinity keeps refusing to authenticate Stars, then at the very least update YOUR app so your customers have the same options as the other apps you refuse to allow. That just makes sense.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 202 of 285
This does NOT helpful. The xfinity app is not available on my roku device, which is what I use when I'm not home. I was able to use the starz app on my roku & sign up through Xfinity in June 2016. It is now August & now xfinity is not an option on the starz app. Absolutely ridiculous.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 203 of 285
This does NOT helpful. The xfinity app is not available on my roku device, which is what I use when I'm not home. I do not want to watch my shows on a phone or tablet. A television is a much more pleasant experience for watching shows. I was able to use the starz app on my roku & sign up through Xfinity in June 2016. It is now August & now Xfinity is not an option on the starz app. Absolutely ridiculous.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 204 of 285

Why would we be blocked from STAZ APP when we are paying for premium services ??? ( Isnt this a breech of contracts or services that should be forwared with a class action lawsuit) ???

Posted by
New Poster

Message 205 of 285
Does the xfinity app work with my roku???
I can't see where or how?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 206 of 285
This is totally pathetic. There is no Xfinity app for the Apple TV anyway. I want to watch stuff on the AppleTV because playback through Xfinity VOD is totally broken on my TiVo (it'll play half a show & then no video (except for the ads, of course). Seriously lame
Posted by
Contributor

Message 207 of 285

Sorry,  

This is not a solution. Comcast needs to authorize their subscribers thru the Starz app. Same goes with other Tv anywhere apps. Otherwise what point is there in subscribing to Starz through Comcast instead of directly through Starz? Comcast only offers minimal HD linear Starz channels and now refuses to allow subscribers to watch through the Starz app. There is no "official" Xfinity app for Android TV, FIre TV, Roku or Apple TV. So telling people to use the Xfinity app shows that you do not understand the issue at all.

This has caused me to rethink my choice of Comcast as a TV provider. Luckily our appartment complex allows us to get either Dish or Directv so there are other options. Also Playstation Vue looks promising. Only disappointment is that FIOS is not an option here yet.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 208 of 285

I'm rather disappointed that this seems to be happening with multiple avenues (MLBs online for one) and does not seem to going anywhere. 

Come on..... When I look locally, these providers DO offer it:

CenturyLink

Click!

DirectTV

Dish

Frontier

Hood Canal

Whidbey Island

Rainier Connect

And even Wave Broadband offers it to their customers!!!! WAVE!?!

The Xfinity app does not offer everything they do, nor can you stream it on your TV.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 209 of 285

That is an option if you want to sit at your desk and watch it on your 

PC, or hold your laptop or mobile device.  However, what you can't do is go to your bedroom or spare room and watch it on an extra TV unless you get an X1 box for every room.  Dozens of other cable providers allow you to access Starz/Encore on your Roku device.  Not Comcast though.  The Xfinity app for Roku is now stalled and is likely never to be released.  Your best option is to research alternatives and dump Comcast!  $270 a month for what?  Always running a scam. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 210 of 285

How is this a "solution"?!? I want to watch these channels on my Roku and there is no Xfinity app for that! I like to watch movies on TV via Roku, rather than cable, because my cable feed goes through my old SD Series 2 TiVo, whereas, with my Roku, I can watch stuff in HD.

I've been a Comcast subscriber for over 25 years and often try to stick up for them when everyone else is bashing them, but this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I pay for those premium channels and should be allowed to access them however I want!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 211 of 285

Lagil wrote:

How is this a "solution"?!? I want to watch these channels on my Roku and there is no Xfinity app for that! I like to watch movies on TV via Roku, rather than cable, because my cable feed goes through my old SD Series 2 TiVo, whereas, with my Roku, I can watch stuff in HD.

I've been a Comcast subscriber for over 25 years and often try to stick up for them when everyone else is bashing them, but this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I pay for those premium channels and should be allowed to access them however I want!!

Just curious - did you google "comcast roku"?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 212 of 285

This does NOT resolve our concern at all. I understand you are relaying a scripted message but we all know we can use that app or website. But how does that help your customers who want to watch this service on their TV with no cable box using their Apple TV and NOT a tiny screen? It doesn't help. Your app does not support screen sharing to the Apple TV the way other apps do because Comcast disabled it.

At this stage, I think the only option is for customers to ban together and take legal action against Comcast. I'll have to look into this further. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 213 of 285

@RobertWy "Just curious - did you google "comcast roku"?"

Yes, i did. Have you? Because the very first two links are Comcast and Roku press releases dated April 20th 2016 and titled...

"Comcast and Roku bring Xfinity TV Partner App to Roku TVs and Roku Streaming Players" (Comcast)

"Comcast to bring their Xfinity TV Partner App to the Roku platform" (Roku)

And when you read the comments on the Roku blog page, people are still leaving comments now, 4+ months later in September asking when is the app going to be released. THANKS COMCAST! /s

STILL WAITING.

Not holding my breath because... Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 214 of 285

I'm done with Comcast. All I want to do is watch TV that I pay for on my Roku device and this company is blocking my access to what I pay for.  Tired of all of the aggravation of dealing with this company.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 215 of 285

You're absolutely correct. After enabling Encore for a brief period, Comcast/Xfinity has. disabled it again since we cannot watch it through the separate Encore app any longer. How does this make sense? It's a screwy set of decisions that seem to change almost from day to day. Isn't anybody in charge in that Ivory Tower who is capable of making consistent, customer friendly decisions that just possible might endear Comcast to its users? If they didn't have a monopoly in most towns, I doubt that most subscribers would tolerate this abuse.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 216 of 285

This is not a solution.  As usual greed has taken hold.  Just admit that Xfinity greed is the real reason.  You want customers to pay for an extra outlet, and you are too greedy to allow your app to connect to an external display because you need every cent you can muster to pay for those commercials you are making.  Rest assured, Google Fiber is almost ready in all of Atlanta -- and no matter how many contracts you offer, no matter what gimmicks you invent, no matter what stunts you pull, you will go by the way side just like AT&T Long Distance did and so many  other greedy, inflexible, old fashioned, selfish, and detached 1975 minded companies like you - I literally can't wait to see you file bankrupt when Google fiber and others destroy your greedy existence.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 217 of 285

Xfinity is on borrowed time.  Just as they deserve.  You won't have to deal with them mugh longer. Other giant greedy companies (AT&T Long Distance, Eastern Airlines, Delta, Arthur Andersen) thought they were too big to be customer friendly too... 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 218 of 285

Your Comcast app does not support Chromecast, Starz does. And you don't have all the past content. You better start supporting the Starz app soon.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 219 of 285
I get the sense that this is not something that's going to get fixed. They clearly don't have any interest in resolving it, so whatever the legal issue is must be considerable. Sure will be a lot of people disappointed that they won't be able to watch Star Wars: Episode VII.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 220 of 285
How do I get this back on my Xbox because now I can't watch it on there. Also there is no Xfinity app this is ridiculous.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 221 of 285

This is not a solution.  

I want to watch Starz on my XboxOne - and it's blocked by Comcast.

AND - Comcast doesn't have an app for XBOx one.

I don't want to watch Starz through your app on a computer.  I want to watch it on a TV through my XBOX.

Why force customers to use your app?  You don't own Starz.  You shouldn't legally have the right to restrict my ability to watch a channel that I pay to watch.

The REAL reason you are doing this is because you don't want me to be able to watch Starz on TVs without a cable box on every TV in my house.  Forget it.

This is it.  

I'm done

Comcast isn't a monopoly anymore - now that we have the internet.  I'm cutting the cord.

This company has to change its ways and start treating customers - well - like customers.

Instead of brand loyalty, you have  a bunch of customers that hate you.  Most of the people that are still subscribed to your service are only here because they haven't YET realized that there are alternatives.

Don't be a dinosaur - change with the times.  Make your customers want to do business with you - instead of feeling like they have to.  Because that business model is not a long term model.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 222 of 285

I want to watch HBO and Starz again on my Surface Pro 2.  I'm told this device is not supported.  But it worked fine about 6 months ago.  I am losing patience with Comcast and their awful xfinity experience.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 223 of 285
Man, I'd have understood if this had happened for a month or so, but it's been a heck of a lot longer than that. Whatever is at the core of this-most likely a legal dispute-its obviously not getting solved in the near future. I'm pretty amazed that Comcast would treat paying customers in this way. It's hard to believe that they can't access a service that they're paying a premium for out of their own pocket. At the very least, an update to the Xfinity app could allow for Chromecast compatibility in he near future. This is really unbelievable.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 224 of 285

Except this does not fix the issue.  Comcast doesn't have an App for the Roku. and therefore I can not use the Comcast app to watch shows that I have been able to watch up until now using the Starz app.   

Posted by
New Poster

Message 225 of 285
If xfinity is gonna pout about this bs then make ur stupid app accessible on all platforms. Xbox one is a great place to start.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 226 of 285

This whole thing also extends to a hulu issue....They used to use hulu for their streaming with commercials which I thought was hilarious, Suicide Squad is on stars and isn't on comcast at all.

Also, I went to try to cancel my services and I got the following picture as an error

322d8adf241eb88246bec73416c78e63.png
Posted by
Contributor

Message 227 of 285
That's not a solution since the Comcast app doesn't have Chromecast support and the Comcast X1 box is useless since the picture quality is so awful and Comcast refuses to do anything about it.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 228 of 285

It's sad to say, but they are going to wait until they lose all the money and then change it after everyone has already found an alternative. Then it'll be their own karma, in 20 years it'll all be internet anyways, get it in while you can boys because your time is running out...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 229 of 285

stevenmcgee2 wrote:

It's sad to say, but they are going to wait until they lose all the money and then change it after everyone has already found an alternative. Then it'll be their own karma, in 20 years it'll all be internet anyways, get it in while you can boys because your time is running out...

My guess is that Comcast has a project to move everything to the Internet.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 230 of 285
Then when will Comcast create an AppleTV app? You cut off connection to the Starz app that we already pay a premium to use anyway, then the "alternative" you offer is not offered at all on AppleTV.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 231 of 285
Not a solution!

Trying to watch Ash v. Evil Dead. Says I can only watch from home. Not the case with the app. Fix or lose.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 232 of 285

http://www.multichannel.com/news/cable-operators/comcast-wont-authenticate-subs-new-starz-app/404340

It states in the link:

Comcast disagrees with Starz's one-app-fits-all approach. The biggest U.S. cable operator and a key Starz affiliate has opted not to participate in the TV-everywhere aspect of Starz's new app.

For now, at least, Comcast is declining to enable the authentication (or verification) of Starz subscribers on Comcast Xfinity who want to use the new app. Representatives of Comcast and Starz both say they are "great partners" and hope something can be worked out to resolve the situation, though it is unclear what might cause Comcast to change its view on the matter.

Apple's latest update of the new Starz app, released yesterday (April 19), states that Comcast Xfinity views on the app are not authenticated. Comcast Xfinity does not appear on the drop-down menus on the app or on Starz.com that list pay-TV affiliates that will authenticate their customers. A Starz spokesman said Comcast Xfinity is the only major distributor not authenticating subscribers to watch Starz and Starz Encore content on the app.

Comcast points out that Comcast Xfinity customers with Starz and Starz Encore subscriptions have other TV-everywhere options, via the Xfinity.com website and the Xfinity TV mobile apps. That's what customer service representatives are telling customers that call to ask about it, Comcast said. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 233 of 285

Great post... but of course, those of us who use a different device (such as Roku) to stream to our TVs (and not to smartphones or tablets) are still out of luck. So, we DON'T have similar options all the way around.

Maybe call it "TV-Almost-Everywhere."  Smiley Happy

Posted by
New Poster

Message 234 of 285

The Xfinity app does not have ALL the content from Starz like you state, and therefore your solution is not valid.   Your customers are now left with no option for some Starz content, or for all content on many streaming devices.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 235 of 285
And why is this? Is my $340 cable bill not enough to get me a decent app? I think I might have to switch to Verizon....
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 236 of 285

So now I'm being charged for Starz on the app...

we keep getting less and less and less

and pay more and more and more

why oh why do we have Comcast?  Looking into other options, because I'm sick to death of them.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 237 of 285
Posted by
New Poster

Message 238 of 285
The problem with using the xfinity app is that it doesn't allow you to watch the latest episodes of most shows unless you're "in home." When I click to see what that means it says I need to be connected to my home wifi. 1.) that is moronic since I typically use apps when I am away from home and 2.) It won't work when I AM connected to my home wifi! Apparently, what it means is that you need to be connected to xfinity wifi, which I don't have. So, in other words, I need to, not only pay you for my cable service, but I am also required to purchase my wifi through you if I want to be allowed to watch recent episodes on the "free" xfinity app (but only while at home). Man, that app is super convenient.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 239 of 285
We are not able to enjoy ALL of the same content on the xfinity app so please stop saying that.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 240 of 285

It's not simply more content. Those of us with TMobile get FREE BingeOn that includes Starz, but DOES NOT INCLUDE Xfinity TV. This means that if we want to watch Starz on mobile, we have to PAY FOR DATA, while the Starz app is FREE DATA. 

This is unbelievable that Comcast would do this when Starz is so popular and a PREMIUM, PAID for channel.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 241 of 285

This is not fixed and again comcast screwing its customers for a petty reason.  I am going to cancel the starz and encore and just subscribe directly. 

Saying to watch on a tablet is stupid.  Tablet vs 4K TV humm what would you want to watch it on.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 242 of 285

Add me to the list of disgruntled Xfinity™ consumers demanding authenticated access to Starz® content at our leisure and on the platform of our choosing -- This is NOT a Solution and should not be classified as such, period. There's something to be said about a multi-billion dollar conglomerate throwing the equivalent of a juvenile tantrum. Comcast®Xfinity™ (and it's so-called professionals) ought to grow-up, get-it-together, and function in the real-world with a little diplomacy.

This is as ridiculous as it is disgustingly petty. Congrats to consumers who've axed their Starz® sub with Xfinity™ in exchange for a more inexpensive and unrestricted direct sub thru Starz® -- In fact, I stand with many who encourage it!

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 243 of 285

Removed-------not helpful information nor a request for help.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 244 of 285

I was told that they are in talks and developing the Xfinity Partner App that would eventually be released.

When I asked if there was an estiamted Release date, I was told no.  SO really not expecitng it.

Like I have told them since I entered into this Contract and began service, they really are not doing a good job providing me quality service. (In my opinion anyway)

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 245 of 285

Yes Catherine, There is No Santa.

It may not be solved to your satisfaction or Mine (certianly not mine) But Comcast says it isn't coming back and therefore all discussion of it is over, and therefore SOLVED to the satisfaction of Comcast.

Way to provide Excellent Customer Service guys!

"Yes we hear what you want, but you'll never got it..."

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 246 of 285

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Cathleen2563 wrote:
Not solved! I cannot get Starz original programming early like I was able to previously. So why should I pay for this service through Xfinity when I can get it through other sources (Amazon Prime, Starz, etc...) two days earlier for the same price. And, if this is going to cause me to look at my TV service why not switch providers all together?

At the moment there are no plans to add this back, although this could change in the future. You can still watch Starz programing through the Xfinity App as well as our site. I do apologize for the inconvenience this cause and wish I had better news at this time. If this does change any time in the future, we will make sure to update this. 

This does not help me! I want to watch STARZ  using my Roku.   

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 247 of 285

Please note that Verizon FiOS is in the drop-down list and if   I switch to FiOS , I could watch STARZ using my  Roku, which Comcast no longer allows. 

Get your act together, Comcast! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 248 of 285

Good idea!  Everyone should do this.  Money talks, B.S. walks.  FIOS not on my block yet, but you can bet when it is, I'll be looking into  it.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 249 of 285
So is this fixed or no we cannot use the Starz app on any console/mobile device?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 250 of 285