New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Starz App

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 101 of 285
@ComcastTeds You are entirely missing the point of these numerous complaints. We don't WANT to use your app for many reasons, not the least of which are that certain early releases are only available on the STARZ app and your app doesn't have the skip 30-seconds feature.

Your decision not to support the new STARZ app is a foolish and financially-irresponsible one. We pay more for STARZ through your service than subscribing directly to STARZ, yet you restrict our options.

When I called your customer service (on 2 different occasions), your reps told me that it was a STARZ issue and to contact them. Obviously, from reading this and other forums, the problem is XFINITY. So, please stop passing the buck and alienating your customers and give us access to the STARZ app again.

Do you have ANY idea how fanatical many Outlander fans can be? You've really made a big mistake by messing with their access on the eve of the Season 2 premiere!
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 102 of 285
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 103 of 285
This is a terrible solution. The xfinity app doesn't Chromcast and doesnt play in HD whereas the Starz Play app did. Way to make your service even worse Comcast.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 104 of 285

Guidojones,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. We continue to work with the Staz network in resolving this issue. Thanks for your patience. If you have any questions in the future fell free to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 105 of 285

Ktbutler44,

I am sorry for the issue that you are experiencing. You would need to remove the app from your device and then reinstall the app. If this does not correct the issue it may be with the app itself. If you have any further questions feel free to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 106 of 285

Deleted the app and reinstalled, that did not work, this is not an error with starz, there are 190 cable and dish networks listed but ine of the biggest Xfinity is not, so this was a deciscion by Xfinity to cheat their customers

please stop cheating your customers and add us to the networks we pay

stop blaming starz, even if starz added 190 others and just happened to forget xfinity, xfinity should be working hard with starz to resolve this rather than play the blame game which is so unprofessional. Absolutely no class xfinity, brush up the customer service, stoo treating your customers like idiots

Posted by
New Poster

Message 107 of 285

Why will Comcast not be Authenticating the Starz App?  I use Chromecast and the Xfinity App doesn't have enable me to Cast to my TV like Starz does?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 108 of 285

If you want people to use the xfinity app, you need to make it compatible with chromecast.  Which is why I like the standalone HBO and Starz app.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 109 of 285
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 110 of 285

I got the same update today on my iPhone. Apparently, Starz know about this, and are covering themselves. I saw the update and hoped momentarily, but nope.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 111 of 285
The reason we use the Starz app is because the XfinityTv app stinks!!! Half of the time it doesn't work, you can only watch certain channels at home and it's always buffering, freezing and losing the signal. If I pay all of this money to have Starz/Encore/Movieplex at home, your customers should be able to login under their app to watch what we paid for at home away from home.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 112 of 285
I solved this problem. The solution rhymes with fish wetwork, installing Saturday. Toodles!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 113 of 285

What a lie. No you can't. I want to watch on the actual Starz app so I can airplay it to my TV.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 114 of 285
How come u can't give an answer to anything just same reply are u ignoring your customers on purpose please reply with something other than the computer generated go to xfinity app please please don't let us down ,sad and quickly dissapointing customer. Thank you for your time to respond
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 115 of 285

When I'm in Maine at camp I have fiber optics.  I have streaming issues for Comcast, but not so much using the STARZ app.  So we want to be able to access STARZ! 

Posted by
Administrator

Message 116 of 285
Posted by
New Poster

Message 117 of 285

That is all fine and good, HOWEVER the Starz app has all the current seasons of the shows, the Xfinity TV does not. Another thing to consider, is that some folks like to watch our shows on the go. Starz has worked with T-Mobile to have their app not use data for viewing, meanwhile the Xfinity TV app is not included on that. So it's a double hit, I can't watch some of the current shows, AND I use a lot of data when I do watch through their app. 

Also, the Amazon Fire stick has the Starz app, but not xfinity tv. Even the x1 box isn't as good for watching shows in comparison.

Up until the recent update of the Starz app, it let Comcast users authenticate. Starz is pointing their finger at Comcast, Comcast is saying they didn't have anything to do with it So, what is REALLY going on here?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 118 of 285
Until xfinity app is able to cast this is not s friendly option for customers. Stars app which no has encore rolled into it enabled me to cast which is how I view a majority of my content. Not supporting the new app an not supporting casting from your app is a good way to push customers away towards other services.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 119 of 285

Well that assumes the download function actually works on the xfinity app which it has not for the past week! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 120 of 285

we want to use the starz app, not your crappy app. comcast xfinity is the absolute worst service for this and many other reasons. honestly if I had any other choice I would have dropped you a long time ago.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 121 of 285

Comcast took out the XFINITY TV app at the beginning of the year on the Xbox 360, any other suggestions from the person not talking to the other hand. HULU is looking better every day.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 122 of 285

The xfinity app keeps crashing and is unusable. You dont offer a roku app so I can't use that. You do realize that starz is offering their over the top service for less than to add it to cable Subscription, seems you would try not to push customers towards it, instead of this fiasco.  Way to value your pride over your customers

Posted by
Visitor
Message 123 of 285

This only helps if you have a phone, I use the Starz App on my brand new TV that I spent hundreds of dollars for.  What am I suppose to do now?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 124 of 285

I was watching the Starz content via the Starz app on my Roku until this recent development. How are you still getting Starz content via a Roku?

I don't want an app for a mobile device. I want to still be able to stream content to an actual TV. The Roku let me do that with the Starz app via my Comcast subscription ... until now.

Anybody? Anybody?  Bueller?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 125 of 285
That doesn't work on Roku though.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 126 of 285

I believe this is the final straw for me.  I subscribe to Netflix, Hulu & Acorn TV, already.  I have an OTA antenna that receives exceptionally. I just need a Tablo TV like I have at my weekend home to give me the Recording/DVR functions, here, and I can kiss Xfinity cable goodbye and they can kiss my ......

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 127 of 285

Yesterday when I was watching Starz on the Starz play app on Roku, I was asked to revalidate my account. When I tried to do so, Comcast was no longer listed as a provider. Starz play is not the new app where you can purchase Starz directly. It only works thru a cable provider. Roku only has Starz play. 

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 128 of 285

The xfinity app does not AirPlay or mirror to a tv. To watch Starz on Xfinity means watching it on my tiny iPad mini. This is not a valid solution for me. Even on my iPad Starz content does not play in HD on the xfinity app. I have the x1 platform which claims that you can you can watch tv in any room. But the only way to get a decent picture is to watch it in the living room on the X11 box. I'm ready to give up Comcast over this.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 129 of 285
Posted by
New Poster

Message 130 of 285

You can only purchase Starz on Amazon if you already have Amazon Prime. The better option would be to purchase Starz directly on Roku, but Roku only has Starz Play - the cable subscriber option. The Chromecast device is only $18 on Groupon. Maybe this would be a better option. I'm tired of being manipulated by Cable companies.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 131 of 285
Posted by
Administrator

Message 132 of 285
Posted by
New Poster

Message 133 of 285
I travel frequently for work (up to a month at a time) and take my roku to the hotels. Is there a way to get the xfinity app on my roku so that I can keep up with my shows??
Posted by
Administrator

Message 134 of 285
Posted by
New Poster

Message 135 of 285
Here's the problem, guys:I had been watching Outlander through the Starz app on Xbox One. I do not have an Xfinity box. Now that it no longer authenticates the app, my only choice is to watch it through the Xfinity app on my Tivo, which is a sub-par experience (ie if I stop an episode in the middle, it will only remember where I am for 24 hours and then I have to start over and fast forward).

I'm already paying you $200 month for cable and the Starz subscription, so if you really wanted to be customer focused, you would make Starz available to me in the ways *I* want to watch it and not try to force your app/site down my throat.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 136 of 285
Now I can't watch my STAR shows on xbox one when I'm away from home. Comcast is always causing me grief! Kiss and make up with starz already so I can watch outlander!
Posted by
Visitor
Message 137 of 285
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 138 of 285

Since this article appeared on April 20, Xfinity has now taken away the Starz app's function via Roku. So now, since I use either a Roku or an Amazon Fire TV stick to stream certain subscriptions and channels to my TVs, I am reduced to watching streaming Starz content on a computer screen or other smaller, inappropriate device.

Thanks, Comcast. It's not like we give you HUNDREDS of dollars a month or anything...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 139 of 285

Post Removed per Forum Guidelines ( Circumvention of Language Filters ). Auto-Warned once.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 139 of 285

I'm stunned. Seriously. Who <Edited for violating forum guidelines: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379> makes these anti-customer centric decisions? What knucklehead at Comcast decided this was a good idea? This isn't going to bring more customers to you. This, you knuckleheads, is going to drive customers away! 

Posted by
Administrator

Message 141 of 285

monteolsen1,

I apologize for any issues you may be experiencing with the Starz App. If you have a Starz monthly subscription through Comcast you can use our App found here: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/apps?cid=customer

You can also stream tv via your computer here: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks?cmpid=FCST_tvtab_livetv

If you do not have a Comcast monthly television subscription we also offer Stream TV if you have Internet services from Comcast here: http://www.xfinity.com/stream/home2 With this service we are offering the first month free then you would pay for the plan and channels you want to watch. 

I hope this helps. If you need anything else or have any further questions please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 142 of 285

That's not a solution, Jessie. Many of us like using the app, particularly through Romu. Clearly, Comcast has fired a broadside at Roku. You've also made it far more difficult for us to watch this channel and the Encore networks through the apps, which is hardly a customer centric decision.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 143 of 285
Look Xfinity, this behavior of not allowing customers to access programming we pay for is not acceptable. First you block HBO GO for TiVo users, now you block Starz for AppleTV viewers. We are paying you for the fees to access the network programming. Why are you blocking our access?

It would be one thing if you allowed your customers to access the streaming content we pay for through your on-demand product, but you don't do that either.

The longer I use Xfinity services the more I feel like I'm paying extortion money. $260 a month and I can't access the content I'm paying for. Unbelievable.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 144 of 285

Its a comcast issue. I was told that I could access it on the xfinity app - which I cannot get on my Roku. It is Xfinity's way of limiting our access to what we are already paying for.....

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 145 of 285

Precisely. Exactly my same response from Comcast, and exactly my issue with my Roku. Not happy with this, considering the money we pay Comcast every month.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 146 of 285
Supposedly the xfinity app is to be available on roku vizio and Samsung smart tvs by the end of the year
Thinking about stand alone service
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 147 of 285

SOMETHING CHANGED since my last post!

Last night on a whim while I had my Roku on, I thought I'd click on the Starz Play app that is still on the Roku. (This is the older Starz Play app, not the newer Starz/Encore app.) As I've already posted, it stopped working last week -- the same problem we've all had.

But last night it worked. Didn't ask for a new activation code or anything. It just ... worked. It's worked all day today. It's working right now. I'm watching episodes of OUTLANDER back to back through the Starz Play app on my Roku.

I gotta wonder if Comcast quietly reverted something and hasn't said anything. Or, if they HAVE said anything, I must have missed it.

But if you can get the older Starz Play app on your Roku or other device, see if it's working again. Maybe you'll be fortunate like I am!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 148 of 285
No such luck for me. Another update to the Starz iPhone app, and it explicitly states that Xfinity authentication is still not enabled. I'm concluding that whatever issue is causing this problem, it's a protracted legal battle that isn't getting solved at any point in the near future, in spite of the criticism they're getting.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 149 of 285

Just checked again. The Starz Play app is still working via Comcast on my Roku today. I wonder if they heard our cries of anguish (there are SO many views in this thread!) and are quietly rolling things back. One can only hope.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 150 of 285

austruck1 wrote:

Just checked again. The Starz Play app is still working via Comcast on my Roku today. I wonder if they heard our cries of anguish (there are SO many views in this thread!) and are quietly rolling things back. One can only hope.

No luck for me either. STARZ app on phone updated tonight and I had my fingers crossed for the phone OR Roku..nope!

I had seen the writing on the wall over a year ago with internet based stations so had changed ALL my comcast email address to free sites like outlook.com / google/ yahoo etc. Now, when I decide to drop Comcast as an ISP, I won't loose my comcast email addresses as comcast, unlike other ISPs, won't support email with their @comcast addresses (I still have working MSN, AT&T, PacBell, addresses even after years of dropping them as ISPs). Now, I can make the change to another ISP that supports STARZ, HBONow TCM etc without fear of Comcast holding my email contacts hostage or loosing their now "cloud DVR" recordings.The wave of the future is Internet channels but you have to have an ISP that isn't intent on crippling your ability to receive them (at a cheaper prices too.)