members

online now

discussions

Starz App

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 51 of 285

I mentioned this elsewhere, but on the Starz app I could watch the movie "Clue" without having to Pay Comcast 3.99. I did a search for it, and I can watch that movie for free on the app, but to see it on MY television, I have to pay YOU 3.99.. 

NOT ALL THE CONTENT IS THERE ON XFINITY

Starz shows they have 918 available movies I don't see that available through Comcast.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 52 of 285

Not all the Starz content is available.i mentioned this twice but there are movies that I could watch on Starz, but if I want to see them, I need to pay Comcast too see the free movies that I used to be ask to see.. Example: old movie called "Clue".. Starz app... Included.. Comcast wants 3.99

so there is missing content.

probably cheaper to dump Starz through Xfinity and just but their app.. I know it's an older film but it's not worth 3.99 to Comcast whe I can just watch it for free on the app.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 53 of 285

There is content missing.. Look through the Starz app (that you can't use) pick a few titles and see if they come up with a play button.. I looked up a few "Weird Science" isn't available on Comcast where it's available on the Starz/Encore App..

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 54 of 285

Less money.. More content.. Yeah just having it all Billed through iTunes might be the best option..

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 55 of 285
To watch the outlander series premiere i opened the xfinity tv app on my ipad, went to on demand networks, chose starz and there it was. Easy.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 56 of 285

Now try to find the 2 retro movies I was considering from the Starz App..Weird Science and Clue.. Can't find one of them and the other is 3.99 and up. But they are included on the Starz app.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 57 of 285
I am really perturbed that Comcast/Xfinity subscribers are unable to watch Starz via the new Starz app. I have watched the original series shows on their app before and am angry that we can no longer do this because we are excluded from watching the new series 2 days in advance like other subscribers. This is a benefit to subscribers that we are not receiving and it makes me think twice about Comcast/Xfinity. Smiley Sad
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 58 of 285

Just clicked your link.. Cannot find Outlander Season 2.. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 59 of 285

Not showing on my iPad, can you post a screen shot?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 60 of 285
Yeah, thing is your app doesn't work with chromecast. Sooo you do not still provide the same capabilities. Maybe catch up with STARZ, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, encore, ESPN, Amazonvideo, YouTube, and many many more apps.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 61 of 285
Tv app>, on demand>networks...starz...outlander
1460082437633-1666311498.jpg
Posted by
New Poster

Message 62 of 285
Except it's not the same. Starz app approved providers are allowing their subscribers to see the preview Outlander. Watching on the Xfinity app does not allow us that. Seriously adding to the reasons to dump my crazy cable package.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 63 of 285

That doesn't look like an iPad. Must be for X1 customers only.. Us regular folk weren't able to access that

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 64 of 285
Jesus H Roosevelt Christ Comcast-do you not understand the legions of Outlander fans who have been waiting 9 months to watch season 2? Seriously your timing stinks. Get your act together and join the dozens and dozens of other cable companies who are providing a service that their customers are paying for.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 65 of 285

Looking at Starz app, they have outlander season 2, episode available now but the xfinity app does not. If I pay  extra for starz at Comcast, I should be able access it on the Starz app.

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

All Starz, Encore, and Movieplex content can be viewed on the XFINITY TV App or at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ . At this time we will not be authenticating on the Starz app. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 66 of 285

I like the option to stream from the starz app now when I go on xfinity app I can watch of course but not stream it. So how is that a solution. Plus if I can buy the monthly service from starz for cheaper then subscribing from xfinity well I will just have to rethink my channel package I might cancel them or go to another provider who still offers this option. 

I sure hope xfinity is rethinking this and offer a better solution then that.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 67 of 285
I promise you it IS an ipad...and it is the tv app>on demand>networks>starz
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 68 of 285

This is what we saw last night, minus the Season Two..

Posted by
Contributor

Message 69 of 285

Wow. You use this word, "solution." I do not think it means what you think it means. The Xfinity TVGo app IS TERRIBLE. If Xfinity is going to continually drop support for channels' apps, it's just going to make "cutting the cable" all the easier when the time comes. There is no beIN Sports Connect (ever), now Xfinity has cut support for Encore and Starz in one stroke. With the kind of money they charge for their service, I'm absolutely disgusted. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 70 of 285

That would be fantastic, except it's not "all" available to watch on the Xfinity TV Go app. There are episodes missing that are not missing on the STARZ app. Example, Black Sails S3 E5.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 71 of 285
Time to cancel xfinity I guess. For those of you interested, Verizon fios is available in the new Starz app. Verizon also gives you access to Epix, HBO and Showtime apps. I know I am making the switch if Comcast eliminates services that we pay for.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 72 of 285

@davesnothere didnt see your screenshots.... just for kicks I checked on the TV..... ON DEMAND>NETWORKS>STARZ and sure enough, the new episode (tomorrows) is there! X1 system

Posted by
New Poster

Message 73 of 285
Well that's bull!! So how can I watch and cast from my mobile device to tv? Fail Comcast. Fail.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 74 of 285

This is absolutely ridiculous.  As others have pointed out, not all Starz content that is on the Starz app is on the Xfinity app.  What is totally stupid is that, because the Starz Play and Encore Play channels on Roku have not changed, I can watch full Starz and Encore content on my Roku but I can't watch that same content on the Starz app.  This reminds me that Comcast was the last cable provider to allow access to the HBO app.  It also explains why your customers hate you.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 75 of 285

We need further explanation than just a blanket statement of "Comcast will not be authenticating the Starz App."  We are paying for premium channels and should have access to all of the perks just like the other cable providers are giving their clients.  I look forward to a REAL explanation of what is being done to resolve this issue - or I will switch to Verizon.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 76 of 285

Add me to the list of people who want Xfinity to authenticate the Starz App. While I was able to watch Outlander early using the on demand feature on my TV, I couldn't do it on my computer and I couldn't log in to Starz directly on my computer. I also can't log in to HBO Go on my TIVO but I can on my Apple TV. This is so confusing. It would be much easier if you would just authenticate the Starz App and the HBO Go app. I really don't like the interface of the TV Go app on my iPad.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 77 of 285

What's wrong with the starz app? I can't log in anymore 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 78 of 285

Yes onto your highly restricted app which disables basic iOS functionality.  Comcast continually moves the ball and reduces options/services.  Together with all these outages and the highly unreliable X1 platform I'm probably going back to Directv.  At least all they do is raise prices, not raise prices and reduce services.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 79 of 285

So you just keep reducing options and available services.  Worst decision I ever made to go wth Xfinity and its crappy, crashing X1 service which delivers less and less day by day.  

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

All Starz, Encore, and Movieplex content can be viewed on the XFINITY TV App or at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ . At this time we will not be authenticating on the Starz app. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 80 of 285
I was already getting sick of the garbage Xfinity experience...this might be the last straw to get me to cut the cable.

Seriously Comcast, get your act together.

I think I'll be calling another provider this week.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 81 of 285
The Comcast app does not offer the same movies and content Comcastted...go find Ant man in your Comcast app and then tell.me.you offer the same content. Pay Comcast way too much money for service like this. Will be looking else where for service and not be lied to and jerked around.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 82 of 285

That's not even CLOSE to being a "solution," especially since the Xfinity app doesn't work with Chromecast. So essentailly, I'm locked out of hundreds of movies, and can only watch their original programming on my computer screen. Thought this must be a glitch, but I show up here, and lo and behold, it's not only a problem, but apparently a known one which no one is planning on fixing. Just special. This is easily some of the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life, and some of the worst timing imaginable. I see a lot of people here who want to haunt drop their cable package altogether and switch to another provider because of this terrible customer service, and I can't say that I blame them. There isn't any ETA on a soluton, or apparently any plans to fix the probelm at any point in the near future. Customers suffer because of a coporate dispute. Just wow.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 83 of 285
Why is comcast not on the cable provider list so I can use the app
Posted by
New Poster

Message 84 of 285
This is absolute nonsense!!!! Comcast quit trying to force people rouse the crappy app that does not allow streaming from the app! I PAY FOR THIS service. Get off your high horse. I guarantee to be cancelling my service which I have the X1 operating system and every channel. Have fun replacing all your customers!!!! You're nothing but greedy and do NOT CARE about your customers. Anyone interested in filing an FCC and BBB complaint attach to the chain and I will arrange it from there accordingly. Comcast you are a joke!!!!!!!! Why don't you stop trying to force people to do why you want. We pay for the service you have no right to dictate hown we view starz. YOUR APP IS THE WORST!!!!!!!! I'd rather reopen my myspace profile than use your crappy app. How come tiny little providers can treat their customer better than you! Everyone wanting change hit up social media forums all over.

#comcastnorespect, #comcastgreed

FIX IT or I'm out permanently for life!
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 85 of 285

I just registered a formal complaint with our local franchise authority. I'd recommend that everyone else do the same.

I don't rent a cable box, so I just lost my only way of seeing Starz content on my TV -- besides maybe screen mirroring the On Demand app at about 10-15 fps.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 86 of 285

What I can't seem to understand is why they are ignoring this forum.. You know they read these on a regular basis, yet not one actual person can even give a reason as to WHY we can't use it..

Just "We said no, and we are not going to help any of you" no it's not a direct quote but that how I interpret it.

Having the forum marked as "solved" feel like one big digital MIDDLE FINGER to the customers.

Comcast has great Internet, but my neighbor seems to have Dish that works well, And they can use their Starz. App...

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 87 of 285

Yea but using the xfinity app does not have any feature to use chromcast , hope they fix the starz app soon, all other companies are able to use except xfinity

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 88 of 285
I would recommend that all disgruntled Comcast customers file complaints with the FCC on their website. It's time that the FCC rules that it is per se illegal for premimium cable networks to discriminate against paying customers based on their cable provider.

Official Starz customer service response to his issue:

Hello,

We are sorry you are no longer able to access the STARZ app with Xfinity and we are working with them to correct this. Check back regularly for updates or call Comcast to tell them you want your access back. In the meantime, you can watch STARZ on the Xfinity app and On Demand platform.

Or, you can subscribe to our standalone streaming service through the App Store or Google Play. For more info, check out www.starz.com/getstarz.

Regards,

Christina

Description: cid:image003.jpg@01D18E8D.1A15BC20 Christina | Customer Care | Digital Platforms | help@starz.com
Posted by
New Poster

Message 89 of 285
I understand everything is available through Xfinity Tv app bit is there any plans on adding Chromecast support to this app?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 90 of 285
There is missing content and also xfinity app does not allow for Chromecast support, and in general is just a subpar app as far as streaming apps go. I think you guys are just mad because starz released a really awesome and superior streaming app that has great functionality and usability and you guys are just salty. Will be cancelling all premium subscriptions with xfinity and looking for an alternate service provider. Good luck with your fight against cord cutting, you guys are doing a really great job!
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 91 of 285

Hello Splintnote,

We are unable to determine when the Xfinity TV app will be available for Chromecast.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 92 of 285

As others have mentioned, this is dissappointing - we got the same run around when HBO launched HBO Go several years ago "you can use the Xfinity service instead, we don't support this app" never mentioning that Xfinity provides far less content than Starz of HBO's apps. Why is Xfinity unable to come to an agreement with Starz while it appears *literally every other provider* is able to do so?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 93 of 285

Comcast i thought you were working on improving your near bottom customer service, as ranked by all industries. Cant you escalate that this is going directly against that effort. 

Really weak handling and information sharing. 

Basically the same old line from comcast - we hear you but go pound sand.

get this fixed asap or cutting the cord seems so much more an smart option.

-g

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 94 of 285
As suggested, I have also filed a complaint with the FCC.

And for hearing impaired customer, I find it despicable (if not illegal) that you cannot accomadate her. Shame on you Comcast.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 95 of 285
I know why.... Because comcast does not want their customers to videocast the apps to other television sets. This was inevitably going to happen as Comcast want to force customers to rent/purchase additional set box for ever tv you own. The convinience of casting prevents that from happening.... Nevermind the prices your already paying for their service and the monopoly they have in certain markets. This is unacceptable.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 96 of 285

To the employee that posted this "solution" - VIEWING THROUGH THE RECOMMENDED APP IS UNACCEPTABLE. If I pay for this service, I should be able to access it on any app I please. The Xfinity apps do not have the same viewing permissions that the old Starz Play app did. This needs to be corrected ASAP.

You will lose customers, support and money by preventing authentication to a service that people already pay for. Why should they buy through Comcast when they can get better service from Starz itself?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 97 of 285

Why not?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 98 of 285
Posted by
New Poster

Message 99 of 285

This is incorrect.  Age of Ultron is available through Starz site but if I attempt to watch it through Xfinity it tried to charge me for it.    What gives.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 100 of 285
What the heck!! Why can't I access the Starz app like I've been doing for the last two years. I use the xfinity app too but only to search movies, the xfinity app crashes so much I can only use it sometimes to actually view movies. Why would you remove this access from your customers? The actual host apps work are so much more stable and make everyone happy, it's not like it's costing Comcast any money, we are already paying for the service through Comcast. So is there an actual legitimate reasons for this restriction?