members

online now

discussions

Starz App

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 3 of 285

I just downloaded the new Starz App update.  Previously, I was able to view the Starz channel (via my cable account) through this app.  Now it is no longer listed as a cable provider.  Is Xfinity no longer providing this avenue for viewing Starz programming?  Starz allows you to view original series up to 2 days in advance for subscribers which is an important benefit to me.

284 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 285

Starz updated their app today, combining Encore and Movieplex into it as well as enabling access for ala carte subscribers, and now we no longer have access to the app as Xfinity customers.  They have informed me that this is because of something on Xfinity's side of things.  What's going on?  Why did we lose access to Starz when we're on the go?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 2 of 285
Yeah I downloaded the app and no go on Comcast! Someone please let us know what's going on!
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 285

This is another complaint about not being able to access the STARZ app.  I was able to last year!  What is going on???

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 285

Time to file a complaint with the FCC!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 285

When will Comcast customers who are paying for the premium movie networks Starz and Encore have access to the new Starz iPhone app? Comcast is no longer listed as a cable provider in the new Starz app or on the Starz website. I'm not a happy customer!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 285

I am having this exact same issue!

Posted by
Administrator

Message 8 of 285
Posted by
Administrator

Message 9 of 285
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 285

I am in the same pickle as you guys. My Apple devices are missing the comcast login, but my Android phone has comcast login listed and works just like the old app did. Not sure if it's Starz or Comcast that's messing with this yet...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 285

I was wondering when xfinity/Comcast was going to be offered as a provider on the new updated starz app. It was offered before the update but not after.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 285
Had the same problem, which lead me to this post. Hopefully we can get an answer as to why xfinity/comcast isn't listed as a cable provider. Really irritating.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 13 of 285

OK, this is fun... now I can't even login using a web bowser...

Posted by
Admin1

Message 14 of 285

We have gotten no reports from our end of this being an issue on our side. I just checked the app store and it seems like a lot of people are having issues with the latest version as of yesterday. I am going to send this over to be checked and possibly get more information, but at the moment it seems like it might just be an issue with the latest release of the app and not necessarily an issue with support being dropped from our end. Once I get more information, I will make sure to update this. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 15 of 285

Starz is blaming Comcast/Xfinity for the problem regarding the new Starz mobile app (via Twitter). Starz has monster promotion about it coinciding with the Season Premiere. Someone messed up royally! Complaints all over social media. 

Considering it takes 6 months for an upgrade to Starz apps, I don't see this being fixed until Fall.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 16 of 285

I was able to bypass the problem by watching shows through the xfinity tv go app. Like with Black Sails which is on starz I watched it through the xfinity app. Hope this helps with some shows and movies for you guys. 

Posted by
Admin1

Message 17 of 285
Solution

All Starz, Encore, and Movieplex content can be viewed on the XFINITY TV App or at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ . At this time we will not be authenticating on the Starz app. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 18 of 285
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 19 of 285
  • Starz is blaming Xfinity on Twitter and blocking anyone who complains about it. I would suggest one or both of these companies get their acts together. Social media is all over it, and there are hundreds of complaints since yesterday on the Apple App site. 
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 20 of 285
Not solved! I cannot get Starz original programming early like I was able to previously. So why should I pay for this service through Xfinity when I can get it through other sources (Amazon Prime, Starz, etc...) two days earlier for the same price. And, if this is going to cause me to look at my TV service why not switch providers all together?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 21 of 285
Are you able to view it two days earlier than the normal schedule?
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 22 of 285

According to another post, you should be able to watch via the Xfinity TV app.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 23 of 285

Cathleen2563 wrote:
Not solved! I cannot get Starz original programming early like I was able to previously. So why should I pay for this service through Xfinity when I can get it through other sources (Amazon Prime, Starz, etc...) two days earlier for the same price. And, if this is going to cause me to look at my TV service why not switch providers all together?

At the moment there are no plans to add this back, although this could change in the future. You can still watch Starz programing through the Xfinity App as well as our site. I do apologize for the inconvenience this cause and wish I had better news at this time. If this does change any time in the future, we will make sure to update this. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 24 of 285

so basically what is being said, without being said is that Starz changed and added a monthly sub like HBO did and now Comcast/Xfinity is not happy with it. I understand that both are companies and need to make money but this worked right before the update and now you both point fingers. Comcast authenticate STARZ! People obviously DO NOT want to use your Xfinity App. Shame on you Comcast!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 25 of 285
I wanted to watch ant man today on starz and noticed it was removed on the Comcast app...looked at the Starz app and it's there but can't login to that app...so I emailed Starz and here is Starz response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are sorry you are no longer able to access the STARZ app with Xfinity and we are working with them to correct this. Check back regularly for updates or call Comcast to tell them you want your access back. In the meantime, you can watch STARZ on the Xfinity app and On Demand platform.

Or, you can subscribe to our standalone streaming service through the App Store or Google Play. For more info, check out www.starz.com/getstarz

So according to another post in forums this had been an issue for a long time and com cast has done nothing about it and we pay for what..this kind of service...this is just BS.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 285

Wildbill32 wrote:
I wanted to watch ant man today on starz and noticed it was removed on the Comcast app...looked at the Starz app and it's there but can't login to that app...so I emailed Starz and here is Starz response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are sorry you are no longer able to access the STARZ app with Xfinity and we are working with them to correct this. Check back regularly for updates or call Comcast to tell them you want your access back. In the meantime, you can watch STARZ on the Xfinity app and On Demand platform.

Or, you can subscribe to our standalone streaming service through the App Store or Google Play. For more info, check out www.starz.com/getstarz

So according to another post in forums this had been an issue for a long time and com cast has done nothing about it and we pay for what..this kind of service...this is just BS.

seems the best route is to either remove Starz from our Xfinity cable packages or cancel Comcast completely and just pay for Starz alone.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 27 of 285

No it can't. The online library in the starz app is much bigger then the comcast app. Plus the movies that premier on Saturday don't appear in the comcast app for days after you can watch it online or using apple/android apps!!!

Not to mention there is no comast app for Roku and such!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 28 of 285

@

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 29 of 285

It really doesn't makes sense to keep Xfinity Starz.  They charge $12.00 a month, but you can get it direct from Starz (or through Amazon Prime) for just $8.99 a month.  Calling Comcast tomorrow to drop Starz.  Will drop them all together once I research my other service providers. They charge too much for all this aggravation.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 285
Comcast- please provide quality service to your customers and authenticate the Starz app/on-line viewing capabilities at Starz.com. Very bummed to miss out on the (4/7/16) early release of season 2 premiere of Outlander.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 31 of 285

Dear Xfinity/Comcast:

You are going backwards with your service. Stop trying to direct everyone back to your app and gives us back our viewing options through individual apps of channels WE PAY FOR!  We pay a lot of money for all of the many boxes and extras through Xfinity!

i also have a Dish account I use only for my RV when camping. I notice these other apps allow login through Dish, and I can also access the Dish app online as well.  Give us back the service access THAT WE PAY FOR or I will be switching full time to dish.  FYI, the complaint that we may lose some locals channels, blah, blah, blah by switching to satellite is cr@p!  Based on the many complaints I see online, I am not the only person who is unhappy.  

Just telling us us to go through your app is not a solution your customers want. Since I pay for Starz, I want access to the Starz app. Period!

To Cathleen2563: Exactly! Why are we paying for services that we could access through Starz app a few days ago and now Xfinity has decided to remove and have no plans to change.  I think that means I need to make a "plan to make a change" myself. Xfinity seems to have lost sight of the fact that they aren't the only service available.  I will be doing some cost comparisons this week to determine how to get the services that are important to us and will be making some "plans to add this back" along with other channels that are important to our family, not Xfinity. 

Unhappy Xfinity Customer

Posted by
Visitor

Message 32 of 285
Another unhappy customer. Smiley Sad Please add Xfinity back to the Starz app. Very upset to be missing Outlander Season 2 early premiere that was made available for "Starz subscribers" with the exception of those that happen to also be Xfinity customers.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 285

Just curious as to why you aren't letting Starz include Comcast Xfinity in their listing of cable providers on their updated app.  You used to be listed there and I was able to watch episodes and extras for Outlander.  Was an easy way to watch if I was out of town during a new episode.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 34 of 285

Sorcha, I just watched the early release thru the X1 app...went to networks, then starz and there it was. I too am miffed about the starz app upgrade incompatibility and hope it will be fixed sooner rather than later....but at least I still got my outlander....! Chris

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 35 of 285

I just watched it thru the xfinity app on my iPad....tonight....go and see.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 285
Was just able to watch this on the xfinity app. Same same in my book whether I watch on starz app or that! Also saw its available on demand on my tv as well.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 37 of 285

Easy solution to the problem. Drop the $12 Starz subscription from Comcast and add a $9 solution from Starz.... so Comcast, you rather loose $3 I was giving you because you want to control all our viewing methods? Multiply this by HBO, Showtime,... All we need is internet now. Your practices are just helping to drive customers that way!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 38 of 285
Was able to watch early release of Outlander season 2 on xfinity app and onDemand on TV. Thank you!! (Still rooting for you xfinity/Comcast to authenticate the Starz app, too!!)
Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 285

Another vote here to add authorization to the STARZ app!  The STARZ app has other interviews, behind the scenes, etc. that is not available on the Xfinity version.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 285

I looked for it on my Xfinity app and it isn't there.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 285

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

All Starz, Encore, and Movieplex content can be viewed on the XFINITY TV App or at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ . At this time we will not be authenticating on the Starz app. 

Xfinity really needs to rethink this decision.  Your app does not offer the extras that the Starz app offers.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 42 of 285

Can I just voice my frustration as well. I'm so disappointed. I did speak to someone at comcast who was helpful as she wasn't aware of the problem. She found that when they merged with Encore they app was no longer supported by Xfinity. There must be 75 cable companies that support this app. Seriously Comcast why are you giving me one more reason to select a new provider????

Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 285

I too am curious if this is a temporary problem that will be resolved or intended.  Once I had to uprade the app, Comcast was no longer an option of cable providers. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 285

I agree with the frustration.  All other providers in my area are on the list. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 285

What really stinks about losing that authentication is that Xfinity is trying to wean us all from our AppleTV, Chromcasts, Roku's, etc. Same time Starz updates their app they add the app to the new AppleTV. Xfinity currently blocks you from mirroring or AirPlaying the shows from your iPad or iPhone to your AppleTV. There's almost no point in paying Xfinity for TV when they won't let you use the technology to see it on the big screen you own at home. I can't wait for Apple to start offering TV through the AppleTV and I'll be dumping Xfinity for TV at that time. At least that way I can watch it when I want wherever I want without the app yelling at me. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 46 of 285

Yes you can watch through the Xfinity app but Starz regulates the early viewing of new episodes and movies. Those are not available through Xfinity's application. They need to add back the authentication process so we have access to Starz on our devices and now AppleTV and more!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 47 of 285

How did you see the premiere on the comcast app?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 48 of 285

Finaledition wrote:

Can I just voice my frustration as well. I'm so disappointed. I did speak to someone at comcast who was helpful as she wasn't aware of the problem. She found that when they merged with Encore they app was no longer supported by Xfinity. There must be 75 cable companies that support this app. Seriously Comcast why are you giving me one more reason to select a new provider????

Apologies. The latest version of the Starz Play, Encore Play and Movieplex Play websites and apps no longer support authentication by XFINITY TV customers.

Customers are still able to enjoy all of the same content (at no additional charge) using the XFINITY TV at https://xtv.comcast.net/ or XFINITY TV Go http://xfinitytv.comcast.net websites and mobile apps.

More info here: http://my.xfinity.com/learn/xfinitytvgo/

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 49 of 285
Seriously, this is why cable subscribers are leaving left and right. Nobody wants to be forced to use xfinity apps. So frustrating. Once live sports goes completely online like latest deal nfl made with Twitter, many people like myself who only keep cable for sports will drop cable all together.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 50 of 285

Actually the stars app shows 918 movies that are not all Available... An odd example and old movie is "Clue" yes it's old but I can't watch it for free on Comcast. It shows in the new Starz App, but when I search for it on the TV I have to pay extra to see this movie..

but Starz shows it as included on their app... So NO ALL THE SAME CONTENT IS NOT AVAILABLE..