New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Start Playback of DVR Recordings Online

New Poster

Hello,

I am visually impaired, so cannot access the menus on my DVR. It would be nice to be able to start playback of shows recorded on the DVR from the Xfinity ap. Note I don't care to watch recorded shows on the device, only initiate the playback. This way I could use a screen reader to find the shows I want and not have to traverse the menu system on the DVR.

I can start on-demand stuff from a computer, so it should be theoredically possible. If you can delete recordings from the My Recordings page, you can surely play them. I request this functionality be added as soon as possible.

Thanks

Tags (1)
New Poster

Hello,

I am visually impaired, so cannot access the menus on my DVR. It would be nice to be able to start playback of shows recorded on the DVR from a computer or mobile device. Note I don't care to watch recorded shows on said devices, only initiate the playback. This way I could use a screen reader to find the shows I want and not have to traverse the menu system on the DVR.

I can start on-demand stuff from a computer, so it should be theoredically possible. If you can delete recordings from the My Recordings page, you can surely play them. I request this functionality be added as soon as possible.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Start Playback of DVR Recordings Online

phrequency wrote:

Hello,

I am visually impaired, so cannot access the menus on my DVR. It would be nice to be able to start playback of shows recorded on the DVR from the Xfinity ap. Note I don't care to watch recorded shows on the device, only initiate the playback. This way I could use a screen reader to find the shows I want and not have to traverse the menu system on the DVR.

Thanks

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

How interesting. That was the same response I received back in 2011.

https://getsatisfaction.com/cim/topics/start_playback_of_dvr_recordings_online

I was at least hoping to receive an update of some kind. Maybe that this feature is being worked on. Guess not...

New Poster

My wife is visually impaired and would like the same capabilities.

New Poster

I need this as well. Should be a simple tweak to push. No brainier, if you ask me.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation