New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Standard Comcast canned responses to broken DVR Manager and apps

Frequent Visitor

Standard Comcast canned responses to broken DVR Manager and apps

How many of you are tired of seeing this from Comcast:

"Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages."

Which by the way they did come to my house, changed my set top box, and the technician said well this really won't work, because I have same problems at home with my system, but if I don't do something I have to charge you.  Really Comcast?  Really??

How many of you have the same problem over and over with the DVR, and apps not working or at best are marginal.  How many of you watch Comcast advertise on TV all their cool new security products and think to yourself, if they can't get this system working, why would I ever let them monitor my home security . .  scarey huh?

Oh and after they fixed nothing, no one ever called to see if I was happy with the service, they just quit and did nothing .  . .

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Standard Comcast canned responses to broken DVR Manager and apps

would you like to post your issue here for help?

If dvr manager is abailable to you in your area and its not working there are only a few things you can do yourself to fix it.  see below

sign out of your account and uninstall the app, restart your device then reinstall the app, then sign in and try again.

Look on line to make sure your cable boxes are on there and are the correct box.  do that at this link

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

Check manage cable boxes and dvrs to make sure comcast has them on your account and they are correct.

Under that click on manage devices, see whats there, you can only have 3 devices registered.

If all that looks good, then go to your cable box menu, and to set up and to remote access set up, if you see that there you can hit ok to select it and then you can delete the set up and then do it again sometimes the info hangs and gets stuck.

Make sure you are by your wirless router, you cant go to far.

If after you do all this is still does not work, make sure you can watch on your computer, if you cant get it to work there then its not going to work on mobile

If it works on your computer and not on the app then comcast needs to do something to your account, usually comcast Joe or Ted will fix it up for you, they did for me.

Frequent Visitor

Ok I will try that . . .

I know I am ranting, but Comcast has know about this for over a month.  I have emailed a service rep three times, had a service tech at the house.  Nothing so far has been fixed. And after the technican left, no followup at all.

And yes it is available, it was working on and off for a few weeks, then the DVR manager quit, then the channel selector quit.  Now when I go on the app is says about every other day "NEW! DVR, and then of course it does nothing, hitting the "test" button I get:  "Request Error An unknown error has occured during this request.  Please try again"  This occusr pretty much every day.  The web DVR manager reports no DVR one day and a new DVR the next.

But I will try your suggestion this evening.  Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

if the things I posted do not work, you need to call comcast and make sure they have the right dvr on your account, that usually fxes it, when the box is switched sometimes there is a mess up in adding the new box to the account for dvr manager.

Frequent Visitor

Ok that too makes sense.  Not sure why they didn't handle that . .  but . . . .

Appreciate your help.

Mark

Frequent Visitor

-Check manage cable boxes and dvrs to make sure comcast has them on your account and they are correct.

It shows the "name" of my DVR that I entered from my iPad a few weeks ago, TV control "On", Default DVR is just "-".

-Under that click on manage devices, see whats there, you can only have 3 devices registered.

There are none there. "Streaming(0)", clicking shows nothing.

-If all that looks good, then go to your cable box menu, and to set up and to remote access set up, if you see that there you can hit ok to select it and then you can delete the set up and then do it again sometimes the info hangs and gets stuck.

There is no "remote access".

My router is on top of my equipment, I use Apple TV and a Pioneer reciever with no issues on WiFi.

-If after you do all this is still does not work, make sure you can watch on your computer, if you cant get it to work there then its not going to work on mobile

Not sure what you mean by watch on your computer. If I hit the "SHOW NAME ON TV" buttion on the settings webpage, nothing happens.

Final note here, it all used to work, albeit on and off, but lately nothing . . . I guess I'll call unless someone from Comcast echoes in . . . 

Mark

Silver Problem Solver

If you go to watch tv tab top of this page, and click shows are you able to watch them?

If you do not see remote access set up in your box menu under set up then dvr manager is not set up on your system.  You also have no devices registered with comcast.  

Even though it use to work for you but does not now.  Go here and follow the instructions

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/set-dvr-recordings-from-your-computer/

Frequent Visitor

Yes I can watch shows on my computer via the "Watch TV" menu at the top.

When I go to the link you suggested, which BTW I have been to numerous times.  I get:

Your shows controlled from anywhere. With XFINITY®'s DVR Manager you can schedule and manage DVR recordings from your computer and mobile device, so you're always in control of your DVR anywhere you go. Now you won't miss your shows when you're not at home.

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Please refer to the FAQ or contact us at 1-800-COMCAST for assistance.

Silver Problem Solver

so it looks like comcast has your account set up wrong on their end.  Private message comast joe from this forum with all your details and let him look into your account. Please post back with what they find.  You have done all you can do on your end, this is most likely a back end issue.

Frequent Visitor

Well its finally fixed.  Comcast sent out another tech along with my having a systems tech watch the status on the inside.  He replaced the cable box and stayed with the unit until it recieved an IP address.  The systems tech verified via telephone they could see my MAC ID and then after about an hour or so everything is up and running.  BTW, I did private message ComcastJoe, but never heard back from him/her.  In any regards thanks for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation