Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sound keeps going off

New Poster

Sound keeps going off

For the last couple months, the sound on my cable goes off intermittently for about 15 seconds.  I first noticed it on shows that I'd DVR'd, but we also notice it when watching live TV.  I called Comcast and they said it was most likely my DVR box, so yesterday I took the box to a Comcast center and exchanged it for a different one.   After hooking it all back up, we still have the same problem.   I have talked with a couple others in the neighborhood and they have the same issue.   We also have moments when the words people are speaking on TV all jumble together for just a second, and sometimes the picture dissolves into pixels.  When I call Comcast help, their response is that they don't know what would be wrong.

Very annoying to watch the evening news and just see moving lips with no sound !

Frequent Visitor

Re: Sound keeps going off

Same problem here.  The only way to get the sound back is to change the channel then go back to the original one.  It appears to happen only with CBS.

New Poster

I do notice it most often on CBS now that you mention it. 

Frequent Visitor

I think your problem is also related to the one I just posted. 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Audio-garbled-and-text-pixelated/td-p/1905477

Comcast appears to have a problem, lets hope they address it.

Regular Visitor

i have not experienced this problem with live tv but the on demand tv shows lose sound intermittently, i have to pause the show then resume sound will last a couple of minutes and then gone again.  i've had this with on demand with abc and cbs, have not tried with shows from other networks.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation