Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sound Problems

New Poster

Sound Problems

I want to know why I keep getting intermittent gaps in sound.  I called Comcast and spoke with someone who said it might be the red/white/yellow cable connecting the TV to my cable box/DVR.  However, this occurs on two different televisions.  One only has a cable box, the other is connected to a DVR.  But they are both doing it.  Any help?

New Poster

Re: Sound Problems

We are having the same problem. Three tvs.

Regular Visitor

We are having same problem with X1 service. Sound blanks out intermittently.

New Poster

Same problem with sound

New Poster

I'm having the same problem with sound gaps on my xfinity tv - about 3 or 4 seconds every minute or so . . . it happens on all tvs (4) in my house all connected to set top boxes or dvr. It seems that the sound gaps only happen on NBC4HD (channel 804). 

New Poster

I was on NBC as well.  I changed to another channel and am not having this problem.  I've had intermittent gaps in sound on other channels before, but they were rare.  This problem on NBC is 2 or 3 times per minute.

New Poster

I, too, am having this problem, and it is most annoying.  The advice Comcast gave to KathyB63 when she called clearly indicates that Comcast is completely unaware of this problem.  We cannot expect a solution until it is clear to Comcast that this is a problem affecting many people.

New Poster

I'm assuming that all of you who have posted are in different locales?  If so, it may be a problem that is just NBC-specific.  I will call again and see what can be done, although who knows if someone in India (or wherever) will be helpful.

New Poster

I called and talked to someone who said he would report it to his `network guy`. Hopefully fixed before The Voice starts.

New Poster

Same problem. Does anyone from Comcast look at these and respond? Can't imagine they are not aware of this problem. Thanks.
New Poster

I just tried calling again and got a recorded message that there is a problem in my area and they are working to fix it.  For the fan of "The Voice," good luck!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Yeah  no customer service,  and  a staggering  bill each month. Remember the $ 99

bundle......bulls____  it's  about  $129  a month  . I am sick and tired of paying Comcast

for 50 or more channels that I don't even watch.  I  will  end this ridiculous  Xfinity  cost

right away.  Subscribe to HULU Plus $7.99 per month and add Netflix for $14 more and I

can receive free on air HD tv  ... and  keep internet  so  I will reduce my bill  to around

$ 48 a month  with my own HuLu netflix  bundle.  Yes  I can save about  $70 a month

and thats $ 800 a year .