Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Someone Help! Error 11700 -- Spent 4 Hours on Phone Support... Awful! Literally Cried!

Regular Visitor

Someone Help! Error 11700 -- Spent 4 Hours on Phone Support... Awful! Literally Cried!

I rboke down in tears and still no help!

Someone please remove excess devices from my account. I get Error 11700. About 20 phone support people thought I was crazy and just transferred me around. 

We need a way to eb able to reset this ourselves. But, in the mean time, someone help! 

Service Expert

Re: Someone Help! Error 11700 -- Spent 4 Hours on Phone Support... Awful! Literally Cried!

error100 wrote:

I rboke down in tears and still no help!

Someone please remove excess devices from my account. I get Error 11700. About 20 phone support people thought I was crazy and just transferred me around. 

We need a way to eb able to reset this ourselves. But, in the mean time, someone help! 

See this thread for instructions on WHO @ COmcast to send a Private Message (PM) to who can edit your accoutn and remove unwanted devices to free this up.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/error-11700/m-p/2756761/highlight/true#M61326

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Admin1

Re: Someone Help! Error 11700 -- Spent 4 Hours on Phone Support... Awful! Literally Cried!

error100 -- I reviewed your account and have deprovisioned all streaming devices from it. Go ahead and give it a try when you can. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

This isn't my issue, but from reading the forums I see the 11700 Error mentioned many times, usually with the same pleading for help as the OP.  There seems to be a systemic failure in Comcast customer support in that a user should be transferred over 20 times because the CSRs have no clue (or training) in dealing with this issue. Usually phone support is the customers first line in trying to solve a problem, and to waste hours with no resolution is deplorable.

Obviously this is an easy fix for Comcast personnel who actually know what they are doing. My question is why is this so difficult for phone/chat support? Why also can't this be added to the Manage Authorized Devices webpage, to let users deprovision their own streaming devices?

I do realize the 11700 error is a user caused issue, most likely caused by automatic clearing of browser cache when exiting the browser (without logging out), but I don't think people should be punished when they call to try and fix it, but end up getting a runaround.

ComcastZach wrote:

error100 -- I reviewed your account and have deprovisioned all streaming devices from it. Go ahead and give it a try when you can.