Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Some videos playback 2x as fast

New Poster

Some videos playback 2x as fast

When I watch some shows on xfinity, mainly shows on FOX like MasterChef, at certain points the video will go from playing normally to playing 2x as fast. Essentially, the timer at the bottom of the video is moving 2 seconds at a time in the same 1 second field, sometimes even faster. If I skip ahead, it is still super fast; if I come back a day later, it is still happening in the same place; if I go to a spot previous to the sped up portion, it plays normally - therefore to me it seems video specific, but I am not sure.

Is this happening to anyone else? What is going on here? And how can I prevent this from happening?

New Poster

Re: Some videos playback 2x as fast

This has been happening to me also with FOX content. Haven't found a solution.

New Poster

Same with me.  Any fixes, Comcast?  Fios better get in my area soon.

New Poster

having the same issue as well, on Fox shows only. It's like I'm being punished for not having a TV. 

New Poster

I've been experiencing the same issues while trying to watch MasterChef from FOX. Can't wait to switch carriers this summer when I move and be done with Comcast and their consistently poor service.

New Poster

Video skipping forward

In the middle of watching a video, it is suddenly skipping forward, as if I had hit fast forward.  I have tried to replay it at normal speed several times, but every time it gets to a certain spot it will do the same thing.  Any fixes?

New Poster

Re: Video skipping forward

We have this same issue. The video skips and fast forwards in exactly the same place regardles of whether we play it in Firefox or IE. Flash is fully up to date and it's a brand new Windows 8 laptop. Very annoying to watch a show only to have the video skip and fast forward in the last 10 minutes, meaning you have invested your time without the satisfaction of seeing how the show ends.

New Poster

Same problem here. Where is Comcast Joe to explain this?

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please post the following information so I can further assist you:

-Link to a video that is giving you this issue

-If it is happening in the same spot every time, please tell me the minutes and seconds of when it skips

-What is your operating system? (Windows 7, Windows Vista, Mac 10.6, etc.)

-What browser and version are you using?

-What type of Wi-Fi connection are you on? (Home, work, public, etc.) 

-Are you on a wireless or wired internet connection

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Link to video:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/MasterChef/9098504407076374112/35714115595/Top-12-Compete/videos?...

When it happens, it happens with FOX content, and always at about 40 minutes into the video. Also, it happens with the programs that have the commercials integrated into the full-size video. The programs that play commercials in the smaller screen seem to work OK.

Safari 6.0.5

Home WiFi (secure)

Using a wireless connection