Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Some Recordings not available via tv.xfinity.com - Santa Cruz, California

New Poster

Some Recordings not available via tv.xfinity.com - Santa Cruz, California

I have many recordings on my X1 DVR, but when I go to tv.xfinity.com, only a handful are shown.  What gives?  Why can't I watch all DVR recordings on my laptop browser via tv.xfinity.com?  They're all stored in the cloud.

I'm in the Santa Cruz, California market, I guess, since the first response from support for similar questions is "which market are you in?", which makes no sense 

Official Employee

Re: Some Recordings not available via tv.xfinity.com - Santa Cruz, California

daPhantom42 wrote:

I have many recordings on my X1 DVR, but when I go to tv.xfinity.com, only a handful are shown.  What gives?  Why can't I watch all DVR recordings on my laptop browser via tv.xfinity.com?  They're all stored in the cloud.

I'm in the Santa Cruz, California market, I guess, since the first response from support for similar questions is "which market are you in?", which makes no sense 

Cloud DVR holds 60 hours of recordings while your physical DVR holds more. From an internal tool I see that you currently have 48 hours of recordings on your Cloud DVR.  Once the Cloud DVR fills up, it will delete the oldest recordings not marked as "Save for 1 year" to make room.  Please see the FAQ and let me know if you have further questions:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

As for the "What market are you in?" question, some Cloud DVR markets are experiencing issues during primetime (Detroit, Twin Cities, and Chicago).

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation