New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Slow Loading TV Listings: Chrome 20

ANSWERED
New Poster

Slow Loading TV Listings: Chrome 20

Ever since the listings page was reformatted, it's been impossible to use.  It's bad enough that it won't set my favorites and that everytime I reboot, I have to reselect the zip code and provider.  But the worst thing is that it won't scroll down!  It would take me at least 15 min. to scroll all the way down the page, because it hangs up on each and every channel.  It takes forever to load the program info and I keep getting a choice to kill the page or wait, because it's unresponsive.  It's a HUGE aggravation.  Since this doesn't happen with any other page on any other site and it started the day it was reformatted, it has to be a problem with the page.  PLEASE - FIX IT!

Accepted Solution

Re: New TV Listings Page Format is DISGRACEFUL & INSULTING

Hi all,

Google Chrome 20 should now be loading TV Listings with no issues.

Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
New Poster

New TV listings

I use Crome and IE as browsers and the TV listings are very slow or they don't work.

Why did you try to fix something that worked fine??

New Poster

Re: TV Listings

Thank you.  I hope it gets fixed soon!

Official Employee

Re: New TV listings

It looks like you're using Chrome 20, which is the latest Chrome release that deployed last week.  We've identified a bug in that version which causes out listings to load extremely slow.  Unfortunately we aren't able to test these releases before they go live.  We're working quickly to deploy a fix on our end that accounts for the bug, but we likely won't have that live until next week. 

In regard to IE, we're working to resolve an issue with IE8 that are causing the listings to load slowly for some customers. In the meantime, please use IE9 or Firefox if you have the ability to do so.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow Loading TV Listings: Chrome 20

I have had the same problem with Chrome and since the change, ease of use has not been that easy with IE either.  Before the change, everything worked perfectly.  Please give the option to use the old format until you have thoroughly tested.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Slow Loading TV Listings: Chrome 20

Didn't realize Chrome had updated. Just tried under IE9 and Firefox and both fine. thanks

New Poster

Re: Why are the Online TV listings so miserably slow!!!

I agree...the browsing on the tv listing page is unacceptable...something happened in the last month or so to cause this.  

I use chrome on windows 7...and i have stopped using the xfinity page because it is so annoying.

chrome on a xp machine is better but still slow.

2 months ago, it was fine. 

New Poster

New TV Listings Page Format is DISGRACEFUL & INSULTING

It is ridiculously slow and is NOT intuitive and it takes extra clicks to close a show description and open a new one.  Its pathetic.  You can no l onger highlight info and right click to search the web for info on a film, show, or performer.  These listings were useless for years so I used Yahoo.  

You got it together a year or 2 ago and its been remarkable, absolutely the best.  You ruined it.  It's useless so I'm using  AOL if you can believe it.  It works.  But I am ANGRY that you inconvenienced my life for what seems senseless.  This is reason enough to steer others away from COMCAST.  If you dont fix it I will be looking for an alternative provider.  Your NEWS page stinks and always has.  Old stories. stupid stories... oy.

http://tvlistings.aol.com/listings/pa/doylestown/comcast-doylestowncentral-bucksnhope/PA62215%7CX 

Official Employee

Re: New TV Listings Page Format is DISGRACEFUL & INSULTING

Hi all,

Google Chrome 20 should now be loading TV Listings with no issues.

Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon