Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Skipping, choppy audio on ANY movie/tv show online

Contributor

Skipping, choppy audio on ANY movie/tv show online

Judging from the number of threads on this issue, I'm assuming (hoping is more like it) that Comcast is working on this issue.  However, as all other threads have gotten the response to visit a specific web page and post the results of said page, I will do so in hopes that my problem can be solved:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 160 My Map ID: 121 My Persona ID: 5252 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 71.205.14.150 My operating system: Windows - rv:19.0 My web browser: Firefox 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2553 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Apr 01 2013 20:44:07 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Mon Apr 01 2013 20:44:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: false Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, c, br, cx, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bk, bp, cw, cj, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Skipping, choppy audio on ANY movie/tv show online

you need to remember one thing, only people that have issues post, so comcast has 20  million subscribers compare that to the number who post with issues and you will see the number is extremely small.  That being said you are posting on the xfinitytv website thread are you having issues with watching shows on your computer?   If so what speed internet do you have, how new is your pc?  

It is extremely difficult to troubleshoot issues like yours as every pc is different, each has its own programs firewalls antivirus etc.   Its estimated that over 80% of all computers in the US have a virus or malware loaded on them, again that can cause issues.  

If you can answer any of these questions that would be helpful... You need a fast internet and fast pc to stream video. 

Contributor

Thank you for your "response" but I can honestly say, it's NOT my computer.  I've upgraded this thing to heck and back, it is at top performance.  I have no problems watching twitch.tv video, youtube, or any other streaming service (Netflix even worked great too when I had it), so the problem lies with Comcast itself.  Trying to put the blame off Comcast and put it on the customer is NOT the way to go about things like this.  More than enough people have posted about this issue to put the issue on to Comcast themselves, not the customer.  The video on xfinitytv buffers like crazy, on COMCAST ONLY!  Any other website that offers streaming video works great.

Can I please get an official comcast response on this?  I've noticed that every other person who has posted about this issue has received the same canned response from you Rog, and it seems to me that you have the response in a file somewhere on your computer and just copy/paste it in when a message like this pops up.

I've given all the information I'm willing to give, I can't call Comcast to get a tech to come out as I'm not the primary account holder.  I'd like to see suggestions to aleviate this problem or make it at least somewhat bearable.  I've done everything to try and aleviate it myself (cleared cache, DNS cache, rebooted, rebooted modem, disabled firewall etc.) and nothing works.  It's time for Comcast to do something.

Silver Problem Solver

This is a user to user forum, I am a customer like you.  I wrote that response to you not cut and paste but from scratch.  It seems the same as the answer to the question is the same.  You have to identify the issue before you can begin to resolve it.  I have no issues on my pc watching anything, nor do I have any issues streaming anything.  I am removing myself from your post and I wish you good luck with your issue. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation